Hola from Bucerias, Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laury

Senior Cook
Hi all!

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 58 and just moved to Mexico from Portland, Oregon about 6 weeks ago. I'm a foodie from way back.
The hot humid weather here combined with a little culture shock have thrown me off my game a bit, but I hope to recover with the help of this forum and the cooler weather to come.
For those of you who are familiar with "MexicoKaren", I'm proud to call her my friend. I'm the Laury she made chilies en nogada for a party to welcome me here. She's just as nice as she sounds!
I look forward to reading your posts and hope I can provide some nuggets along the way.
Since this is a food site, here's what's for dinner tonight. Flank steak marinated in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sugar, then stir fried with tomatoes and onions and served over Basmati rice. Fresh pineapple chunks with salt, chili powder and lime sprinkled over for dessert.

Cheers!
Laury

Big Welcome Laury!! If you are a friend of MexicoKaren's then you must be good peoples! Hope you enjoy yourself here! :chef:

By the way I love your name! Reminds me of an old favorite book of mine! :)

Hi,
I LOVE Portland!! And as Karen will tell you I LOVE Mexico!! I'm headed there again next month. We're not lucky enough to live there yet... but do own a condo in Mazatlan and our plan is to retire there when the time and the bank account allows.

Welcome to the group! Enjoy!!!!!

OK, I can vouch for Laury! Not only is she a really nice person, she loves to cook. She and I have been combing the Bay of Banderas region for elusive cooking ingredients, and last week we found a nice little Asian store, tucked away in a tiny neighborhood of Puerto Vallarta. AND, she brought me a HUGE bag of basmati rice, as well as many spices I can't find here. And CHAI! What a great friend - welcome to DC, Laury.

Back
Top Bottom