Hola from Querétaro, Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, and welcome to DC :) Mexican is one of my favorites, too. In fact, just the other day I was asking for a recipe for posole verde. Do you have one with pork that you would like to share?

Bienvenido(a)! Como te llamas? Espero que encuentres muchas ideas y ricas recetas aqui. Somos una gran familia y encontraras muchos amigos!

Hi,
Thank you. Here is a pozole verde recipe I like. Here are the basics, but each time I make it it is a little different. Sorry for errors, English is not my first language:

Pork shoulder - 1 kg
Chile piquín, ground or fresh - to taste
hominy, rinsed - 2 cups
Garlic - 5 cloves
Salt - to taste
Water - ~1 liter
Cabbage - 1 head
Red Onion - 1
Radishes - 1/4 kg sliced thin
Limes - 3
Avocado de Mantequilla - 1
Oregano - 1/2 teaspon

1) Add the pork, hominy, garlic, salt to the water in large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the meat is very very tender.
2)Remove the pot from heat. Take the pork from pot and set aside to cool. When cool, remove the meat from its bones and shred with your hands.
3)Add the meat back to the pot and simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.

Provecho!

Hi,
Thank you. Here is a pozole verde recipe I like. Here are the basics, but each time I make it it is a little different. Sorry for errors, English is not my first language:

Pork shoulder - 1 kg
Chile piquín, ground or fresh - to taste
hominy, rinsed - 2 cups
Garlic - 5 cloves
Salt - to taste
Water - ~1 liter
Cabbage - 1 head
Red Onion - 1
Radishes - 1/4 kg sliced thin
Limes - 3
Avocado de Mantequilla - 1
Oregano - 1/2 teaspon

1) Add the pork, hominy, garlic, salt to the water in large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the meat is very very tender.
2)Remove the pot from heat. Take the pork from pot and set aside to cool. When cool, remove the meat from its bones and shred with your hands.
3)Add the meat back to the pot and simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.

Provecho!

It sounds great - thanks :) Good idea from Dina to post in the ethnic foods section, too, so others can find it.

Welcome Cooking in Mexico.
I had never heard of Querétaro, Mexico until this week. The director of our dept wanted to know when all our plants had been acquired and when some had closed and been sold off. One of them was in your town! It was acquired in 03 and closed in 04. Is it a very big town? ~Blissful

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom