Hola from sunny and flooded Iowa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Cooking is a passion for me. So happy to join such a friendly community!

Welcome to DC! Where in Iowa do you live? My husband was born and raised in Ottumwa. The last time we were there (August 2008) Iowa was recovering from bad flooding.

I used to belong to the long-lost civilation of N.D. (good humour mentionted only here friends...)...I am hoping for some super-spectacular "secret recipies" from you from here on out!! LOL :)...Simply enjoy, & participate, &, I'm a "happy camper"...whaterver in the lords name THATS supposed to mean...WELCOME!!

Welcome! Back in the 90's I made several visits to Iowa City - nice folks, so down-to-Earth. And I seem to recall the aroma of oats (Quaker?) in the air in Cedar Rapids.

Welcome! Back in the 90's I made several visits to Iowa City - nice folks, so down-to-Earth. And I seem to recall the aroma of oats (Quaker?) in the air in Cedar Rapids.

The foul smells in Cedar Rapids came from a variety of sources ... Cargill, Quaker, Wilson. If you lived there long enough you knew which was which. Wilson was the worst.

Barbara L said:
Welcome to DC! Where in Iowa do you live? My husband was born and raised in Ottumwa. The last time we were there (August 2008) Iowa was recovering from bad flooding.

Quad City area, along the mighty Mississippi.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Midnight_Merlot said:
I used to belong to the long-lost civilation of N.D. (good humour mentionted only here friends...)...I am hoping for some super-spectacular "secret recipies" from you from here on out!! LOL :)...Simply enjoy, & participate, &, I'm a "happy camper"...whaterver in the lords name THATS supposed to mean...WELCOME!!

Midnight, do you mean North Dakota?

Back
Top Bottom