Hopeless in the kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melmel1

Assistant Cook
Hi all, im Melanie and i just bought a new house. I have a question for you all. What is the best type of pot for an electric stove, its the type with the glass top. should I get copper bottoms or not. Everything takes AGES to cook. Any help I could get would be great. Thanks:chef:

Melanie, you are not hopeless at all. You are just starting at the beginning. You have come to the right place. These are patient people who love to cook and love to share their skills with others. Good luck to you.....

welcome to the group. Your questions will be answered soon...sunday night is kind of slow around here so, might have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm not positive, as I have a gas stove, but my Sister-in-Law has a glass top. I gave her an older set of copper bottoms when I upgraded my cookware. LAter, when a repairman came by, he commented that the copper-bottoms are perfect for the glass top electric stoves because the bottoms are so flat and sit well on the surface. Plus, the heat distributes well, so even if the burner is smaller than the pot, it should heat fairly evenly.

Oh- and welcome to DC! Stick around a while, you just might like us here!

Welcome to the boards, I can't give you any advice on the ceramic top stove, but just wanted to say "Hey!"

Hello and welcome to DC! My mom and dad had a glass top stove in their house in Amana when they bought it. They were frustrated like you and about to replace them despite the sacrilege (all the appliances of course were Amanas), when I got them a nice set of SS copper bottoms. After that they were thrilled and last I heard the stove was still there when mom moved out.
I don't know if it is 'the best' option but it made them happy.

Back
Top Bottom