How did you find DiscussCooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too am a refugee from FoodNetwork. Actually, my second anniversary just passed on the first of the month!

Back in October 2004, feeling the need to discuss cooking, I googled these two magical words. It led me to this site. It will be my 2nd anniversary soon...!

I was searching stainless steel cookware on the web and came across a post on this forum. I have never belonged to anything like this, but the information I found here was very informative and then I became hooked by the genuine care and concern of the people! I love my friends here!

Google: searched food or cooking and then forums. I was looking for forums with activity. I think discusscooking was one of the first few links. There are so many forums out there where you will see only a few post a day.

Sharon T and I were members of another cooking board. Sadly the board turned into a sewer because it wasn't policed very well...or at all as it turns out. It's gone now.

I don't know how Sharon found this site, but I'm so glad she did and told me about it.

I've been here since September 2006 and love it.

I have to give a huge "thumbs up" to the moderators and site administrators for being so diligent with their efforts to keep nasty critters from this site. I'm sure they must be like a bunch of one-armed paper hangers with a nasty itch. It has to be a daunting job keeping things "clean."

I was searching for cooking contest and DC was listed. After reading some of the post, I figured these people like talking about cooking as much as I do. :rolleyes:

You will never know how many people do not cook and hate going to the grocery store. They don't own a cookbook and have never made a meal at home. :ohmy:

I call them the food muchers when I see them unloading foil wrapped bundles from the relatives house. :wacko:

DC was a nice find and I enjoy it.

Ummmmm.... boy that was a long time ago but I think I was googling something and came across all you wonderful people.

I just remembered. I belonged to the foodnetwork forum and through that site I was introduced to this one and never looked back. Blessing in disguise because that other forum closed. We have something special here and its like no other forum I've ever been. I wouldn't trade you guys for nothin.

Last edited:
this is the resurrected thread of all times!

I was fortunate enough to find DC thru a forum that was soooooooooooooooooooo less then DC.

Either way, I love it here, and I plan on staying here...so long as the ADMIN/MODS allow:)

Uncle Bob said:
:ermm: I don't remember, But I do love being here and I do love all of y'all..even if you don't like Okra...and fried catfish... or grits:LOL:
I have never tried any of those - maybe one day I will finally get down to the southern states and give them a try. :)

I found DC by googling:online2lo for something (I forget what I was looking for).

I love cooking but most of all value sincerity and friendship and have found it all here while I was searching on Google one day. The first site I visited ( cannot remember it's name) was very formal and wanted only cooking to be talked about. I was looking for all the ingredients of friendship as well as cooking knowledge. Stumbled in here and loved the warmth, fun and friendship and the welcome I received. Never bothered to look any further. This is home as far as I'm concerned.
http://

I was googling for a place to help me cook my first turkey for Thanksgiving. :chef:I registered for several sites but this one was the nicest! Always willing to help and never make you feel like you can't do something. Because my turkey turned out so well, thanks to the help I received here, I had the confidence that I could cook more challenging things. Being a new cook, I had many questions, some silly and some not, and everyone here was extremely understanding. I love this forum. How could anyone not?!?!?!?!? ;)

i was on the internet goggiling recipes and came across this place.Was off and on for awhile,but lately been around more...and getting to know everyone a bit more and finding it rather nice here :)

Back
Top Bottom