Howdy from South Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:flowers:
Howdy folks from Corpus Christi Texas. I found this great place by searching for recipes using Mango. I've been experimenting ever since I watched the series "Top Chef" (which by the way--I will never be--but it's fun to try!)
Looks like a great bunch here. I can't wait to join the fun.

Howdy! We have a few other members here from Texas (watch out for Texasgirl, heehee).:LOL:

Welcome to our community.:)

Hello and welcome.
I'm new to the forum also.
My sister lives in Texas up near the panhandle.

MJ said:
Howdy! We have a few other members here from Texas (watch out for Texasgirl, heehee).:LOL:

Welcome to our community.:)

Hey, whatchit!!:LOL:

Welcome to DC shirley!! This is the best place to be!!

Welcome Txoldshirley! I'm from south Texas (McAllen area). It's good to have you here. Hope you find many great recipes and friends.

Hey Dina, my stepson and his girlfriend just got back from Nuevo Progresso yesterday. I heard it was very, very hot in your neck of the woods!!!
I'm glad to be posting here. Looks like a great group of folk--and btw, thanks for the very warm welcome to the boards.

Hello Shirley, and welcome to DC!!

I have been to Corpus Cristi once, I remember the fresh prawns were wonderful there!!
Have you found a recipe for your mango? It is one of my favourite fruits too!!
Hope to see you around often!!:chef:

urmaniac13 said:
Hello Shirley, and welcome to DC!!

I have been to Corpus Cristi once, I remember the fresh prawns were wonderful there!!
Have you found a recipe for your mango? It is one of my favourite fruits too!!
Hope to see you around often!!:chef:

Yes, I found a Mango Salsa recipe on this board posted by buckytom. It just looks to die for. I'm going to make it tomorrow as Mangos from Mexico are very cheap here right now and very good.
I buy my shrimp right off the shrimp boats here. I'm going to try a shrimp cerviche soon as well. :pig:
We also have a freezer full of fresh fish as we go fishing every weekend (sometimes it's really great to live on the Gulf-til a storm hits!!0

I made the Mango Salsa per Buckytom's recipe--omg it is sooooooo good. I'm taking it to work tomorrow. I know it'll be a hit.

We were on vacation in Rockport/Fulton about 7 years ago. It amazed me how many places you could get fresh shrimp, crab, fish etc down there. I love it!! I haven't tried the mango salsa yet, I want to though.

Nuevo Progresso is about 30 minutes from here. There are lots of markets and shops there and people are quite entertained as we saw a "cayote ugly" type of bar open during plain daylight while we were shopping there not too long ago. They party there at odd hours of the day.

texasgirl said:
We were on vacation in Rockport/Fulton about 7 years ago. It amazed me how many places you could get fresh shrimp, crab, fish etc down there. I love it!! I haven't tried the mango salsa yet, I want to though.

I have to highly recommend the Mango Salsa. It's very very good. I would think you could boil some shrimp and eat it with the Salsa. mmmmmmmmm :)

Dina said:
Nuevo Progresso is about 30 minutes from here. There are lots of markets and shops there and people are quite entertained as we saw a "cayote ugly" type of bar open during plain daylight while we were shopping there not too long ago. They party there at odd hours of the day.

Yep, I think they party 24/7 down there. There is one day in March when they call it "Gringo" day. I made the mistake of going down there on that day. It's one gigantic street party. And since I'm not into crowds, it wasn't my thang!!! (as we say in TX).

Dina said:
LOL Shirley! Can I get your mango salsa, please? TTYL

Actually, I got the recipe from these boards and it was posted by buckytom.
I did a search for Mango Salsa and that's what brought me to the board.
So I can't take credit for the recipe.

You're welcome.
I made the salsa again and took it to work again. It sure is a big hit there.
I think it'd be a great party dish.:whistling

Back
Top Bottom