I feel like I'm home again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*doing cartwheels*:ROFLMAO:

...and that's not easy at my age! Welcome Sharon!!!

I was wondering when you'd show up!:) Hi Sweetie! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It really does feel like home now.

Harborwitch said:
:ROFLMAO:Hey Hey the gang's all here! Good to see old friends, and I'm looking forward to making new ones too! :LOL:
Thrilled to see you here, Sharon! These are some very friendly folks! :D

ok, so everyone is being polite but i'm sure wondering, isn't it time yous guys fess up where you know each other from? long stories are appreciated. :)

oh, sorry, not to be rude, welcome harborwitch.

Thank you for the welcome!!!!:) Should we just say that we're renegades???? Foodies forced to contemplate catfish with strange sauce or abandon shi!! :):):):LOL::ROFLMAO:

Can you let us in on your private jokes? Is it not allowed to tell us where your group came from? We are like a family here and we welome all that want to join. I hope you will feel at home here just as we hope we will feel comfortable having you here.

AYe Ill tell you the tale...

In a land far far away where chefs could let their hair down and Foodies a like could come together as one. We met.. some of us cooked together...talked on the phone etc etc etc shared many o bottles of wine!!!

Then a storm came.. it was a fierce storm it posed a threat on our precious home we saw the "smoke" signals and decided to pack our bags before it was too late.

So we sailed out into the ocean we call the "net" and looked for a new place to let our hair down , Dry out and clear the smoke from our eyes

So that brings us here...

well, i hope you find safe haven here. it's a great place to be a foodie.

but i must say, being sketchy about your past works easily for one or 2 new members. that's fairly normal. you don't know what to expect from us.

it appears yous guys have seen the ugly side of web chat, so i hope you understand the trepidation your private-ish conversations are installing is the status quo. diaspora tends to do that.

it's human nature to suspect a new clique that arrives en force. a feeling of "our space", and our welcome being used for a place for private conversations is a wee bit unsettling. hope you understand. (i have personally been thru this, and was rejected by the louder malcontents, afraid of a newbie with just as loud a voice.)

i have to wonder tho. did you crap on another site so badly you don't want to be traced? or is it just good friends finally finding a place to be free. (saving face :) )

again, i am not intending to offend or put anyone off, especially a new member, no matter their allegiance. just offering a perspective from a relative old timer here. all are always welcome in my book.

on top of that, you all seem to have a lot to offer both food and life wise, so i'm looking forward to many great conversations about both.

cajones are often in short supply in places where people seemlessly get along...

are there no ther junior socio-anthropologists here?

Last edited:
I think your watching one too many movies LOL your reading too much into it. Theres no clique just some mates who found a common site. and we arent talking privatly.. just contributing to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom