I'm a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Hello. I'm a newbie here. I have already posted a bunch ; ). I'm a very curious person and love to share recipes, talk about food and learn about recipes.

I have a husband, 13 month old and a baby in my belly. Due in August.
Needless to say: I had to take a break with cooking projects for awhile. After new baby arrives, I probably won't be able to invest time into cooking - just easy stuff. Even now it's not always easy to invest too much time.

I love to cook. My friends love when I have luncheons and my husband loves my cooking. I have a pretty good collection going. I sometimes when I have time will go above and beyond such as yesterday when I made homemade salmon cakes and clam chowda. My brother from California is a very good cook and has a lot more experience than I do. I'm 36 years old and have been playing around with cooking food since I was about 27 years old. YUP - had no interest growing up. I tend to stick to the easy/moderate stuff.

I'm not really into baking other than pizza dough. Although I might try to make a peach cobbler I found. Peaches are not in season here so I will have to use canned peaches.

Well sorry so long. I'm glad to be a part of DC.

Mary

Well, legend, I'm glad you took some time to introduce yourself. It's always nice to know what makes people "tick" when it comes to food interests.

Yes, you are going to be busy when your second child arrives but, maybe, you'll have picked up enough ideas and helpful hints from all the knowledgeable members here to make your life easier. Best wishes.

Hi Legend! Welcome!

You'll find a common ground here! I didn't cook as a kid either as my Mom prefered to work alone in the kitchen. I started cooking as a young Mother. I had no idea what I was doing. That was a long time ago. I'm only 10 years older then you but I'm an empty nester. I wish I had DC around back then! Enjoy!

:) Legend,WELCOME! Im not a mommy but there are alot of mommies here to give you great advice. As for me I have my 2 cents worth to add also.

Back
Top Bottom