I'm Mommy Dearest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommy Dearest

Assistant Cook
I'm a newbie to this forum. I've been watching a little while and was encouraged to post from the webmaster.

I am Mommy Dearest and I've received that name because I am an office manager and I guess I run a tight ship.

Anyway, like you, I love to cook, read about cooking, watch cooking shows, collect cookbooks and, in my spare time, I love to eat good food. I probably won't be posting too much as I thoroughly enjoy reading others' posts. However, I'll occasionally "kick in" with an idea or opinion.

I have a large collection of Le Creuset in all colors; but mostly cherry red. I have a few pieces of vintage LC but nothing spectacular. I also have a few basic shiny pieces of All Clad and am looking forward to getting a 4 qt. saucepan in the near future. I don't have a problem with non-stick so I hope that doesn't exclude me from this forum.

I am a fairly good cook and I love spicy foods. My favorite seasoning is "hot." I put creole seasoning in everything, whether it be eggs, vegetables or even Italian. However, I do not use it in my dessert baking (I'm not goofy!). I like my chilli without beans if that is important to know but if I must have it with beans it's with red kidney beans.

I love red wines and I'm especially fond of Merlot. Lately I have also enjoyed a really good bottle of Chianti and want to try others.

Italian food is my very favorite and I live for pasta.

Okay, so I got my feet wet and submitted my obligatory "New Thread."

If you are on the East Coast, I hope you don't get snowed in with this weekend's blizzard.

Talk to you.:chef:

Hi Mommy! Welcome to DiscussCooking, I am happy you found us!:chef:

Greetings and welcome to you, Mommy Dearest. Doubtful that anyone will hold it against you about the non stick cookwear! :LOL: I also like Italian food, spicy seasoning (Tony's is our favorite) and good merlot. Glad you've joined the group!

Welcome to the site! I loved my stainless steel pans, but I also love my non stick. There is a time and place for everything and non stick is no exception :)

I am not familiar with "hot" seasoning, but some desserts do very well with some heat, especially chocolate. You might want to experiment a little and then let us know what you find out.

Anyway we are very glad you decided to join us!

Hello Mommy,
glad to have you here...I have no problem with S.S. pans, love um, I'm married to an Italian fellow, love to cook Italian foods,and when I do have a little wine it's merlot:LOL: I also love using it in certain pasta saucs I make..I hope you'll grow to love it here as we all do..Again, welcome to the group

kadesma:)

Welcome to my favorite place on the web, MD!! You'll love it here too, I'm sure.
img_226247_0_198c1f7ba2e1fc48ef90efec1062e528.gif

Welcome Mommy!! I am glad that you decided to join in the fun... you may think now "oh, I won't post here that often.." but be careful, this forum can get quickly addictive!!:-p I hope you can "play with us" whenever possible!!

And if you like Italian food and want to talk about it, give me a holler I live in Rome Italy!!:)

Hi there Mommy Dearest! Nice to read about you...boy, I think I'm jealous about all your Le Creuset....I have my eye on a 9qt piece, but it sure is pricey! Welcome! Sandyj

welcome mommy dearest.

lol, callie, about the hangars.

mommy d., are you from kearny, or greenwich? martha may be posh connecticut now, but she's really just a jersey chick.

buckytom said:
welcome mommy dearest.

lol, callie, about the hangars.

mommy d., are you from kearny, or greenwich? martha may be posh connecticut now, but she's really just a jersey chick.

Martha and I are from Nutley, New Jersey. Also hometown of Robert Blake :ermm:

lol, oops, sorry, you're right. nutley it is.

there's a good pet store there, the nutley pet shop, with a terrible cable tv commercial, for the petley nut shop.

A hint about shopping for Le Creuset. I have never, ever paid full price for any of my pieces. I pay rock bottom and only shop sales. Most were purchased new on eBay or on Amazon.com but only when they were extremely, extremely off priced. I would never pay the outrageous prices W-S, SLT or other retail stores charge.

If you shop carefully you can get beautiful new pieces for a song and I understand that LC outlets have firsts and seconds on sale although I've never been fortunate enough to be near one.

Another good source is Home Goods, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx (they are all related to each other). I believe their LC items are seconds or irregulars but you probably won't be able to see the slight imperfections.

I've also purchased some "vintage" LC on eBay but they are getting very popular and the price is going up. I paid under $15 each for my vintage pieces.

LC is addictive and I've had to be very careful lately. You can only really use maybe 4 pieces; but it's the COLORS that are addictive.

buckytom said:
lol, oops, sorry, you're right. nutley it is.

there's a good pet store there, the nutley pet shop, with a terrible cable tv commercial, for the petley nut shop.

I get alot of jokes about Nutley. Nutley for the Nuts. I am the first to joke about it and always tell people about Martha and Robert. Maybe I should open a nut store in Nutley. I would love to call it, "The Nut Case" or "The Nut House.":wacko:

Back
Top Bottom