I'm new here too....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waaza

Senior Cook
Hello everyone.
I'm Waaza, from England. It was my birthday last Saturday (5th) and I had a party, food was Japanese (three days to plan and two to prep). Went very well.
I like Indian food the best, the real stuff that is, and I like helping people who would like to try the proper stuff. Also love music, listening and playing, I 'sit in' with most live pro and semi-pro bands in the area, anything from jazz to Irish folk (Miles Davis to Kristy Moore).

Hope I can help people here, and learn something from them, too.
cheers
Waaza
(bit pedantic when it comes to most things, and not afraid to say my bit, but never maliciously, poor speller too!):p

Hello and Happy Birthday Waaza!
wave2.gif
I'm happy you found us!:)

Hi wazza, Welcome to DC. Don't worry about your spelling, MIne is terrible. Hope you have a great time here

hiya wazaa. welcome to your favorite new place on the internet. :)

christy moore is great. lost out on a chance to see him in ireland in '03, so i hope he comes to the states soon. what instrument do you play? (btw, those dead pro and semi-pro bands are always late on the downbeat...:LOL: )

Welcome to the group!

I love it when others make spelling goofs!! Makes me feel so much better about all of mine. And I do have a lot of them.

HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY!

buckytom said:
hiya wazaa. welcome to your favorite new place on the internet. :)

christy moore is great. lost out on a chance to see him in ireland in '03, so i hope he comes to the states soon. what instrument do you play? (btw, those dead pro and semi-pro bands are always late on the downbeat...:LOL: )

but his lyrics are weird!!

I play mostly flute when I sit in, though I also play sax (tenor and soprano) and been givin' the ole Gibson a bit of a bashing lately too. I think its not so much the lateness of the beat of the band but the anticipation of the drummer (you know drummers, always hangin' 'round with musicians :p :LOL: )
Anyway, thisavo recording some sax for a friends demo cd.
Speak soon
cheers, and thanks for all the kind wishes, much appreciated
Waaza

ah, another sax player. i learned on alto, but loved playing bari in my school jazz band as a kid. my selmer had a low "a" key that would shake the walls. :cool:

Welcome Waaza! This is a great place to come and enjoy your time. Music - what a great thing!

Happy Birthday - belated of course but the wishes are the same. :)

Back
Top Bottom