I'm Tal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tacticaltal

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

Everyone just calls me tal. I'm 61 years old, and from southwestern Indiana, and all of my cooking education comes from my mother and maternal grandmother and aunts. They were wonderful cooks, and, of course, nobody could beat my mom's cooking 'cept my grandma. :chef:

They came from country living and working in the late 1800s-1930s and I don't guess there was a cookbook to be found. They simply had to learn from those before them, and that's pretty much how mom taught me. She had a saying for when you asked her for a recipe: "use your own creativity" lol. So, she really didn't teach me a lot, I just learned by watching.

So, for my continuing education, I'm joining in here, and hope I can get better at this cooking thing.

Thanks for letting me join.

~tal

Welcome to the Discuss Cooking Forum Tal.

I grew up around a matriarchy too. All fine cooks.
You will find a wealth of cooking info here too.

Welcome to the forum, Tal!

Are you a chess player? Your name makes me think of a former world champion of the early 60s, Mikhail Tal, well known as one of the
best "tactical" players.

Welcome to the forum, Tal!

Are you a chess player? Your name makes me think of a former world champion of the early 60s, Mikhail Tal, well known as one of the
best "tactical" players.

You're a great detective, pepperhead! :)

I am, indeed, a chess player, alas, poor Misha (as he was often called) rolls in his grave from my dreadful forays. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom