Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Hi,

I joined this amazing looking forum today and have already posted a question in the baking section.

I live in London, England and I am an enthusiastic cook and baker, more so since I got married almost a year ago. I had always liked cooking, but suddenly I started cooking maniacly and bottling fruit and making jams and preserves as if I was preparing for a war or something! Unbelievably we have eaten almost all the jams and jellies I made last year and so I am looking forward to restocking this summer.

My husband is Italian and we really love to cook together too, whatever the type of cuisine.

I look forward to "talking" people here and sharing some ideas, and it sounds like I have an awful lot I will learn here as well!

Ciao from Rome, Lulu and welcome, benvenuta!!

Wow, you are from London... one of my favourite cities of the world!!! Which part of the city do you live??
Isn't it great to have an Italian Stallion as a spouse??:rolleyes: Mine, Cristiano really taught me the 101 of Italian cooking!! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do!! We all always have lots to learn, no matter how long we may have been cooking... just as everything in life. So we look forward to sharing all the ideas and fun with you!!

urmaniac13 said:
Ciao from Rome, Lulu and welcome, benvenuta!!

Wow, you are from London... one of my favourite cities of the world!!! Which part of the city do you live??
Isn't it great to have an Italian Stallion as a spouse??:rolleyes: Mine, Cristiano really taught me the 101 of Italian cooking!! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do!! We all always have lots to learn, no matter how long we may have been cooking... just as everything in life. So we look forward to sharing all the ideas and fun with you!!

Ciao e grazie per la tua accoglienza calorosa! Is your husband from Rome? Mine is from Firenze. We might be moving to Milan for six months for work in the next couple of years, so I hope my Italian improves by then....but yes, Italian husbands are GREAT!

We live in Hampstead...northwest of the City of London, right at the top of the hill, so my kitchen looks out over the London Eye and Westminster and the BT Tower etc...Guy Fawkes night we look out over the fireworks the whole length of the river. At the back we look out over Hamsptead Heath. I really think we have the best views in London! Origianally I am a bit of a Chelsea Girl though....my father has a house in Knightsbridge.

Whoa!! You do live in a wonderful spot!! A bit away from the hubbub, I have been to Hampstead a few times and I really loved that quaint atmosphere there... the Heath is a wonderful place to take a stroll with all the wonderful vista, and I also loved the Keats House, one of my favourite poets... ohhhh now I feel like another visit there!!:-p
I am not exactly married to Cristiano but we have been together for more than 3 years... he is a true Roman!! I have only driven past Firenze so far, but I would love to have a proper visit some day soon, it is only a couple of hours drive from Rome!! If you are planning to move to Milan, you need to talk to another member here, RDG, he is a real Milanese!!:)
I don't think Cris will be much of a help for any info about Milano though... Romans and Milanese has a noted rivalry just like Chelsea vs. Man U. (or should I say Arsenal...)!!:LOL:

Si chi mi fa piacere! Non parlo molto bene l'italiano e ci metto molto a scrivere.

Hi Lulu, I'm new too. I used to live in Knightsbridge...then sheffield, then Newby Ridge. Alot of the fam is still in the U.K. I can't wait to make it back over.
Welcome to the Board!

Welcome Lulu,
as you can see there is much here to keep you busy:LOL: So glad you've found Dc and hope to chat with you and exchange recipes.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom