Just Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crusty61

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, My name is crusty61 and I am just that,I live in Tasmania south of Hobart, on a small farm in the Huon Valley. My Husband and I , and his 89yr old Mother live in a lovely old farm house 104yr old, we grow all our own veges and a lot of fruit plus chooks, goats, sheep and a few cows, and I love cooking and especially baking bread, like most I also love craft of all types, Cliff, (Hubby) keeps bees. I'm not really crusty, just not really a fashion plate, just love life and having fun. cheers Crusty61 My Birthday is 30th October.

Last edited:
hello crusty! welcome to DiscussCooking! you sound like a nice new adition to DC family! we look forward to your posts and recipes.

Ciao and welcome to the forum!! We are happy that you have found us!! Sounds like you live in a wonderful place, please tell us more of your home, Tasmania and what you enjoy cooking!!:)

Welcome crusty,
can't wait to hear more about your home and share some recipes and some fun. Glad you've found us.

kadesma:)

Just like a Dutch Oven

Sometimes there things that happen in your life, that are so unexpected and completely overwelming, it seems you have been asleep for a very long time and suddenly wake-up in another time, sounds deep hey? but that is just how I felt when I logged on today and found all the lovley welcome messages. It feels just like a dutch oven, it is nice to know such warmth still exists in the world of today. O.K enough d&m, Tasmania is a very beautiful place, when I get this Conipitionious computer to work properly I will send some pics. At the moment it is just coming into winter and we are having a few snow falls, I L O V E the cold, soon we will see the Southern Auroa, from our back door and that is an experience no-one should die withouth seeing. Rainbow curtains of light dance across the southern sky and just leave you breathless, the cold can have that effect to:) As they say more installments to follow. Can anyone give me a good recipe for making a sour dough starter??? Please.
I hope I didn't come on to strong:ermm: :ermm: See you all tomorrow, I'm off to plant some roses in my front garden.:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: crusty61

Southern Aurora!! Wow, that must be a sight to see!! (indeed I have never even seen northern aurora directly...) I bet it is beautiful over there, though I tend to forget it is winter right now, here we are sweating at mid 30°Cs!! I can also only dream about places like Tasmania, but... you will never know one day... the world is much smaller than it once was!!:) :) :)

small world.

You are right the world is schrinking all the time, and you are all welcome to drop in anytime:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: This morning a strange thing happend when I turned on my PC, I was smiling just to think, I wonder who wrote to me, You all make my day, Karma to you all.

Quote : JUST ONE TINY DEW DROP CAN BE THE BEGINNING OF BEAUTIFYING A STAGNANT POND, THE SAME AS A SMILE TO A LONELY HEART

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom