Just sayin hello...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HungryAndy

Assistant Cook
Hi guys n gals, i'm andy n im from Manchester, UK

I'm not the greatest cook in the world but I do love food and trying new things...I love avocados, jalapenos and practically anything mexican.

I'm not to into fish or seafood but can eat Scampi and chippy fish :)

I have some great recipes to share and hope to find some new ones too...

Peace...

:pig: HungryAndy :pig:

I love avocados, jalapenos and practically anything mexican.

I'm not to into fish or seafood but can eat Scampi and chippy fish :)

whoa! You'd fit in great in Southern California with that palate! (and other than the scampi part, I'd think we were related!)

Welcome to the site. (Lots of folks will be here tomorrow, as most hang out Monday-Friday)

Hi Hungryandy-welcome to DC!! We're glad you decided to join us!!!

By the way.....what the heck is "chippy" fish???

ummm a fish from a chippy....in UK we have fish n chip shops....hence chippy lol

its usually cod in batter lol

ummm a fish from a chippy....in UK we have fish n chip shops....hence chippy lol

its usually cod in batter lol

Oh yeah-Makes sense now that I think about it!!!

In my defense, here in Nebraska, Long John Silvers is about as exotic as seafood gets!!!:LOL:

Welcome to our jungle!!
img_680331_0_1524f1df310354fc74cb84396a244d45.jpg

im in the process of emmigrating to Oklahoma n long john silvers is NOTHING like a proper english chippy lol

im kinda havin withdraw symptoms from taco tico lol i got sent home 2 apply 4 a fiance visa so i can come n get married n its been over 4 months since iv had a sancho lol

Welcome. What 2 odd combination places I couldn't imagine! Good for you. God for the both of you. Do we know your american half?
Don't judge us on Long John Silver's, please. Only could manage the place once.
But glad to have you aboard.

dont get me wrong, i quite liked long john silvers but its a far cry from traditional english fish n chips lol plus we would usually have mushy peas with it too lol...

my favourite is chips, peas n gravy, yummm lol...

but i could just eat a carl's jr green burrito bout now lol...

Let me get this Hungry Andy - you're getting married so you can be close to Mexican food? :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good one, Dave.

So you're getting married! Wow! Congrats to you and the soon to be missus.
I'm not a fan of seafood, but I will brag a bit and say my "chippy fish" is really delicious! I make mine with ice cold tempura batter and chunks of halibut.
I like to put malt vinegar on them too.

You'll have to share with us the wonderful British food that you make. I'm a fan of it for sure, especially cottage pie.

Back
Top Bottom