Just startin' out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JProaster

Assistant Cook
Greetings all. I'm a relatively new coffee roaster who's about to expand my business to include pastries, panini and desserts. My hope is that I'll learn the basics through intermediate over time so that I'll not have to rely on suppliers too long. I suppose that some of the skills necessary to roast coffee will overlap w/ skills in food prep- sight, smell and sound are huge in roasting.

I have a few items in my shop (still being remodeled): older 1/2 sheet Blodgett convection oven, panini grill, micro, freezer, fridge.

I'm planning to get a mixer, small proofer along w/ varied other things (which I know not at this time).

My next issue is my kitchen will be small and shared w/ all I mentioned above w/ large triple sink and prep sink. I'm hoping to create a mobile mixer cart and mobile whatever as my understanding expands.

I hope this is a good place to learn these things. I'm truly excited to get started.

Thank you,
John

Coffee, panini and pastries... some of my favourite things!

Welcome to DC. THis place is a wealth of information... hope you enjoy your time here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom