Katie's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Katie's b'day is the 18th, but we're going to celebrate a little bit early. She's coming up Friday to spend the weekend, and are we ever gonna have a good time!

I promised her surf & turf, but I think we're going to do the surf Friday and the turf on Saturday.
Friday, we're going to have a shrimp boil, with lotsa shrimp, of course, plus new potatoes, a stick or two of butter, Kielbasa sausage, onion, quartered lemons and corn on the cob, all cooked in a big pot with Zatarain's crab boil. We'll spread newspapers on the table and eat off paper plates. We'll have crusty bread to dip in the juices of course.
On Saturday, we're having filet mignon, fresh asparagus from the garden, and a yet to be decided potato dish.
I'm making ham salad for a snack, and Katie has promised to bring brownies and vidalia onions.
By the way, I think I have some onion soup in the freezer.

Oh, Katie...did I mention the Chivas Regal? Just don't let me have any. :ermm:

Too bad the rest of you can't be here, but we'll think of you while we celebrate Katies 39th birthday.

Katie and Connie, you both are special people. Katie dear, happy birthday. Connie, bless you and Kim, this will be so wonderful for Katie. Friends like you two are to be loved and cared for.
cj

Happy Birthday Katie!!

it sounds like you are going to have a wonderful weekend!
Careful girls, she may not want to leave!! ;)

Enjoy yourself Katie and we'll need pictures!

Connie, this is wonderful news that you and Kim are taking care of Katie on her upcoming birthday:flowers:. It sounds like you all will have a grand time.

Happy Birthday Katie!!

Happy early birthday Katie! Have a wonderful weekend ... sounds like it will be deliciously fun!

Wow that sounds like a great time with great friends. Have the happiest of birthdays Katie!

Connie, I am trying out a new cake recipe, so how about I do it up and decorate it real nice for Katie and FedEx it to you? And if I can't get it there in time I will post a picture here and we will eat it in Katie's honour. :LOL:

Thanks, Connie, for looking after this very special lady (of which you are as well) and bless you Katie, I hope this is a time where you can just bask in the attention and really truly enjoy yourself. You deserve it!

We're sure looking forward to it. I'm afraid the weather's not going to be very nice, but we won't care...we can make our own sunshine.

We had a great weekend! I think Katie had a good time too. Let me tell you, her brownies and French bread are to die for!

Her birthday is actually tomorrow, so don't forget her!

Love you, Katie...Happy Birthday!

I'm so glad you had a good time! Thank you for having her in your home and giving her some human contact...I wish I could have been there!!!!

26279-albums186-picture1831t.gif

Back
Top Bottom