Lilanne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilanne

Assistant Cook
Oconee Co., SC (the Golden Corner -- foothills of
Hi everyone,
I am a retired family and consumer science teacher (alias home economist). I miss the talk and the problems found in cooking and thought I would check in here. My daughter-in-law is a caterer and a teacher of short courses at our local tech school and had a problem she needed answering and that is how I came across this site.
She needed answers to solving home milled flour problems in baking bread. I really learned things that I had not heard of as I helped her. We found that her student had not been grinding her flour fine enough or adding lecithin to help it bind and rise. She brought home a sample of biscuit and muffin that they had made from the fresh flour and it was marvelously fresh and light. Now we are hoping to buy a mill together and produce flour for our extended families.
I hope this will eventually fit into my S. Beach diet.:rolleyes:
PS my grandson is 5 months old and lives in southern FL (13 hours away):LOL:

Welcome to the site. It looks like you could teach us a few things as well as find what interests you. Your venture sounds interesting.

Welcome to DC, Lilanne!! Oh those Appalachian Mountains are BEAUTIFUL!!!
We took a trip to N.Carolina and W. Virginia a few years back, taking the sounthern states route.

img_234587_0_bcd61a316a700b63533b0231925699f2.gif

Liliane, Hello from Texas. I am new like you, and am also looking forward to all of the ideas and experience cooking of everyone on this site. Good luck in your endeavers in the flour business.

16.gif

Hi, Lilanne! Seems like we all have our share of cooking problems and questions around here. :LOL: You can come out of retirement! :ROFLMAO:

welcome to your first day back at school lilanne.

hope we can help teach the teacher, and i'm looking forward to your knowledgeable posts.

hey, maybe elfie and middie can sign up for one of your daughter's courses?? :cool:

Happy day!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to DC. I'm still fairly new to message boards so help me out with the lingo. I was wondering about the executive and master chefs on the site. Now I know you've just been extra busy buddies on the web. :chef: It still amazes me that we can communicate with all people around the world on the computer.:ohmy:

Anyone have any clues as to how to put the joy back into cooking as the family shrinks in the empty nest without getting fat and without spending a fortune on waste! I've been looking into freezer cooking for one month because I lack menu planning discipline and eat out too much.

Welcome Home, This is one in a Million. My Wife Barbara is on here and was here first, When I came along they said, "Look what the cat dragged in." :cat: Grab a cup of your favorite drink, Slide a chair on over to the computer, and enjoy the rest of your life !
Welcome home !!!!!!! :chef:

Attachments

• 11961.jpeg
    11961.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 3217.gif
    3217.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 56
buckytom said:
welcome to your first day back at school lilanne.

hope we can help teach the teacher, and i'm looking forward to your knowledgeable posts.

hey, maybe elfie and middie can sign up for one of your daughter's courses?? :cool:

Hey!!!!!!! I heard that! :-p :chef:

Welcome, Lilanne! I'm so glad you've found us! I have a feeling we'll be asking you quite a few questions and getting fantastic answers.

As for the freezer ideas, I've posted some, as have others. I'll try to find you a link to follow.....

Okay - here ya go! Start with these ideas...

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/does-anyone-do-freezer-cooking-17865.html?highlight=freezer

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/looking-for-freezer-recipes-for-new-mom-10513.html?highlight=freezer

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/rec-chicken-scampi-tnt-freezer-recipe-10359.html?highlight=freezer

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f24/freezer-meals-4125.html?highlight=freezer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom