Love to eat, Learning to Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CheeseisGood

Assistant Cook
I'm new. So let me introduce myself.

I love food and eating. I appreciate a long 3 or 4 course meal prepared by professional chefs, but I also enjoy a good ole eggplant or chicken parmesan sub at the local pizza shop.

I'm not a very good cook, but I'm really trying to get better. My husband is very supportive even when new recipes don't turn out all that well... But I'm determined to become a better cook because I love food!

Thanks guys! I'm already enjoying reading through old posts here quite a bit. It's encouraging to hear what other people are eating and cooking!

Welcome to DC.

As far as learning to cook you have a huge advantage, yes, yes, you like to eat. There are people that do not know how to do either one. If you like to eat that means you know what the good food taste like, all you have to do now is to make your food taste just as good. You are also lucky, your husband is supportive, when my wife was trying to learn to cook I would not eat anything that did not tasted good. So, as far as I can see this is another advantage. In my book you are almost there. Start cooking; do not be afraid to experiment. Taste what you made before serving (this is the key to a good cooking) do not serve anything you do not like your self.

Good luck and welcome again.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC CheeseisGood!!! I've only been here a short time myself but I can tell you everyone here is great and very friendly. I'll think you will enjoy yourself and learn a lot here.

you will find every kind of cook here from the professional chef to the bbq back yard griller to the covered dish cook. All kinds of recipes from multi step to crock pot and soup casseroles. Look for the TNT (tried and true) and have a delicious time!

Thanks so much for all your support. I feel encouraged enough that I might just try to make something "fancy" for dinner tonight. We'll see how that goes...! ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom