Managing dehydration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rita Mazumdar

Assistant Cook
Hi , I have just joined this cooking club.I am basically a Math teacher & cook occasionally. Recently I have purchased an Microwave - Griller.Mostly I try fish & chicken but end up with over dehydration. Tips please.

Welcome to the Board!

As far as hydration, I would monkey around with the cooking time. Microwaves work by exciting the water molocules in the food you are cooking. Cook too long, they go bye bye. Another option is to put a small bath of water in the microwave. The steam might help.

Welcome

This is a great place to get recipes and ask any kind of question. There are a lot of wonderful people here to help you. :)

Cooking time and cooking power level. Use half power. I NEVER use the microwave for cooking from scratch except for vegetables. It does terrible things to meat in particular.

Glad to see you Rita.

Agree with Gretchen, cooking, and even reheating foods, in the nuker requires some tinkering with the power level.

We played with the thing when we got our first one , gosh, over 20 years ago, and never found it to be great for cooking most foods, particularly meats.

But also found that if we wanted to cook meat it was better to use a lower power than full blast.

Have never tried a nuker-griller though.

Glad to have you here, welcome.

I also think specifically the original poster needs to read the instruction book with that appliance for guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom