Namaste from India

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunflower

Cook
Hi,

My name is Rajalakshmi and I am from India. I got married recently and moved to US. I enjoy cooking, and while browsing for recipes I found this site. It seems like a wonderful place to dicuss food and ask questions - and I DO have a LOT of questions since I am totally new to american cooking.

Welcome to the site Rajalakshmi. We are so happy you found us. You came to the right place to ask questions because we love to talk here and answer and questions you might have. I am sure the members here will have a lot of questions about Indian food for you as well as that seems to be a very popular cuisine these days.

What part of India are you from?

Congrats on your marriage :)

Thanks GB, my family is from the south of india, but I was born and brought up in the north, New Delhi.

I'll be glad to talk about Indian cuisine even though I am not a great cook. I do a little bit of indian cooking at home (it's hard to find indian spices where I live), and my husband, who's an american, loves indian food.

Sunflower - welcome to our humble little home. We hope you join us often - I would love to hear about a SIMPLE Indian dish you prepare here for your husband (if you can prepare it here I know I can probably find most of the spices then!). Hope to see you all over the boards.

Thank you so much - I'm going to make it soon - I'll just have to get the black mustard seed - so it's time for a Penzey's order!!!!!

hi sunflower !! welcome to dc.
you've come to the right place
for answers to your questions.
this is a great site !!

Namaste Sunflower. I am glad you found us.

I am moving your wonderful recipe to the Soup section. Everyone look for it there.

Back
Top Bottom