New College Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendanemig

Assistant Cook
Hi, i'm a classical singer and a "chef" (without the classes). I love to cook, but don't often get to because i'm on a college/starving artist budget.

Hi Brendanemig.
7.gif

Welcome to Discusscooking!:chef:

Hello! Welcome to our family!

Have you ever considered hiring yourself out to your fellow students for preparing special meals? It would give you the opportunity to make great dishes and get paid too! (don't mind me, I'm the eternal optimist of the group)

Welcome to the group, brendanemig!

hmmm...get your buddies to buy one or two ingredients each, pool your resources, practice your skills and feed the group! :)

Thanks for the optimism,
The thought has crossed my mind, and perhaps in graduate school i will try it out. There are so many students that have no idea how to make cereal let alone cook something for a special someone. However, i am very limited in time (the whole opera singer thing takes up about all of my life, and i am constantly fulfilling that, my first passion).

what a welcome!

Wow, i never thought that i would find a community to bounce ideas off of and be so supportive of a young cook! I just started this account a few hours ago and already i have multiple replies. I am glad to be a member!:)

brendanemig said:
Wow, i never thought that i would find a community to bounce ideas off of and be so supportive of a young cook! I just started this account a few hours ago and already i have multiple replies. I am glad to be a member!:)
And we are super glad to have you here Brenda! In my experience this is the very best cooking forum on the web, and it's like a kitchen away from kitchen for me.

A big warm welcome to our group!

img_227123_0_f521c7ed86e69d94c4203ade1b8e2281.gif

img_227235_0_77e91ce1e715b8f304f2db3c1ebb510b.gif
Ciao Bre!!
We are so glad that you have found us!! I hope you will have just as much fun hanging out here as we all do!! And don't let the limitation of time and budget deter you, there are chocful of tips and idea for quick and easy "frugal gourmet" here!! Eating well is an essential key for singing well, remember!!:)

Back
Top Bottom