New cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lvolin56

Assistant Cook
Lucky to have family member Cook previously. She took Ill. I have to plan/cook meals on Sunday for week. Looking at freezing meals for her lunches and our dinners. Husband can handle putting food in oven. Gonna be looking for meals to freeze in advance.

Lucky to have family member Cook previously. She took Ill. I have to plan/cook meals on Sunday for week. Looking at freezing meals for her lunches and our dinners. Husband can handle putting food in oven. Gonna be looking for meals to freeze in advance.

Welcome to DC. This is a fun place to be. :angel:

Welcome to DC. When I go to my parents, I cook for 3-6 weeks (freezer stuff). I make:

1. Soups
2. Meatballs
3. Spaghetti sauce
4. Meatloaf
5. Lasagne
6. Individual chicken pot pies

This is a great place to from which to get ideas:

50 Freezer Meals in a Day

Welcome to DC! Sorry to hear about your family member. There are lots of good ideas here, definitely check out CWS's link.

39817-albums930-picture5432.jpg

Roast a chicken
meatloaf
Beef stew
Lasagna
Mac and cheese
Chicken broccoli casserole
Chili

All are very easy for new cooks

i want to eat at cws's or jenny's house. before or after freezing. :pig:

welcome, el violin. :)

anything you see in the freezer aisle in suermarkets most often can be made at home. just ask. we'll have recipes.

beware that chief longeilwnd guy, though. he is normally frozen this time of year, so take that into account. :cool:

i want to eat at cws's or jenny's house. before or after freezing. :pig:

welcome, el violin. :)

anything you see in the freezer aisle in suermarkets most often can be made at home. just ask. we'll have recipes.

beware that chief longeilwnd guy, though. he is normally frozen this time of year, so take that into account. :cool:
I sent you turkey dinner, what else do you want to eat?

Hey,

For chucking in the oven I like braises, high fat proteins, cheap cuts of beef, pork, lamb you can get really good dishes. Bone in if possible. I'd go, Osso Bucco, beef cheeks, pork hock, lamb shoulder, ox tail... High fat means better braisin but better warming up as well, product doesn't change too much and should keep fine for 5 days.

Baked pastas are good as well, dried, blanched and refreshed pasta you can pretty much make any sauce, top it with cheese and bang it in the oven. Can be vego as well which makes a good change in a week long eating plan and its a cheaper night's food as well.

Pretty much any pie would work, pre-cookin's fine just don't heat it up too fast too hot, 150 and the pastry won't ruin but it'll get hot inside. For fish you can do potato top, cream etc and its a good fish dish for the week.

Any curry, stew, tagine, soup... Generally if it takes a while to cook its easy to reheat.

Hope it helps

:)

Back
Top Bottom