New From San Antonio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm in San Antonio. I'm a horrible cook - really - and I come from a long line of horrible cooks. I'm trying to break the cycle and learn to reliably prepare some simple, edible meals that will lure my older children home for visits! Recently, my kids and I did a complete kitchen renovation in my 85 year old house totally ourselves (because it was an eyesore and literally falling apart). This prompted me to replace all my old, cheap pots and pans in hopes of getting better results with better tools. I even bought a "new" commercial style stove from Craig's List. I've purchased quite a few things mentioned on this forum - Silpats, salt & pepper grinders, new knives - and now I need to actually learn to use them. The thing I noticed about this forum is that ya'll seem to be very kind to people who ask very basic questions. That will be me and I'm thanking you in advance. I can't wait to get started!

Well, Fisher's Mom, you've come to the right place if you want help with improving/expanding your cooking skills. And don't think any question will be dumb. The only dumb question is the one you DON'T ask. We're all here to help and have fun.

Glad you've found us. Welcome to DC.

First, Welcome to DC, you have come to the right place, great chef's and cooks on this site. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do !

Barb L.

Welcome to DC fisher's mom:) there are so many topics here just pick a couple and post a question and I can tell you from past expierience that my fellow members will help al they can..There isn't a nicer group of people any where.

kadesma:)

Welcome Fisher's Mom! :) This is the nicest group of people so don't be shy. Just jump in with your questions. I sure wish y'all would come re-do my kitchen. :LOL:

Fisher's Mom,
I'm from south Texas (McAllen area). Welcome! If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I'd share some good Mexican food recipes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom