New here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray Roewert

Assistant Cook
Hi all. I just found this forum while searching for a recipe. It looks like a grand place!
I love to cook. I had to learn out of self defence, basically. I found myself a single parent with a teenage son 10 years ago, and refused to join the ranks of microwave meal eaters (heck, I don't even own a microwave!)... that an my son was always complaining about my cooking. So my son and I started watching the Food Network, and buying cookbooks. Over the years we both got to where we could cook and good meal. I enjoy cooking Italian, Cajun/Creole, German, and American. I also engage in experimental cooking, and love creating new things. My son learned to cook French, and was in the process of learning Asian. Sadly my son was killed in an accident earlier this year. He was a philosophy major at New College in Sarasota Fl. It was a tragic loss for me. I still have his crepe pan and his Kitchen Aide, and the memories of several most memorable meals that he had fixed for us.
I miss him... and his cooking.
Aside from my culinary explorations, I am retired after 25 years in the field of corrections, and enjoy writing, reading, collecting fountain pens, books, and jazz recordings. I re-married in May of this year, and am now happily enjoying life.
I am looking forward to learning from others here.

Best to all,
Ray Roewert,
the Wandering Beatnik.

Welcome to DC, Ray. The folks here are very friendly and full of good information.

Sorry about the loss of your son, but it's nice you can still be with him through his crepe pan and mixer. Maybe you could create a delicious crepe dish and name it with his name.

Congratulations on your marriage. It's nice to get another chance at spending your life with someone. I did, too, and have been enjoying over 30 years with a great partner. We have a blast in the kitchen. He's a great cook, too.

Best wishes!

Katie:clap:

Welcome to DC - I am so sorry about your son - you will enjoy the members and their wonderful receipes and also their great sense of humors.

I'm sure you will enjoy the site as much as we do. :)

I am so sorry to hear about your son. How tragic.

And....congratulations on your marriage. May each day be nicer than the last. :)

Ciao Ray!! Welcome to DC, we are glad that you have found us!! I am so sorry about your loss, but continuing on enjoying and exploring the world of cooking is one way to keep his legacy alive in your life. He would be glad to see you keeping his crepe pan and kitchen aid busy:)
Enjoy this forum, cooking and your new life with new partner, we hope to see you around often!!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom