New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katt56

Assistant Cook
I can cook just a lazy and, sigh, messy one. One reason I like crockpots. I also tend to buy kitchen gadgets, rather it is a small manual can opener or a bread maker.
I have an electric pressure cooker I have note had the nerve to cook with yet.

Welcome! When you're ready to use one of your gadgets and other equipment, but are working up the nerve, go to the Cooking Accessories lines, and a few days before, or even now, just put in a request for help. Just mention the equipment, what you're thinking about preparing, and within a day or so you'll have everything from recipes to safety hints (pressure cookers used to be dangerous for some, don't think they are any more), to regional issues (you don't have where you live, but at times it is helpful when it comes to cooking).

Welcome to DC! A little warning: you may find you need more gadgets. Membership is free, but the new toys one buys are not (meat grinder, spirolli, pie maker, panini press, and a few others come to mind as the temptations I've caved into since joining). I reiterate Claire's suggestions. You'll get lots of helpful responses.

Back
Top Bottom