New here! I want to learn to cook! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riggedid

Assistant Cook
My name is Ricky and I'm 16 years young, I have a high metabolism and tend to just eat whatever I have in my house, although I feel so limited and wish I could do more with the things in the kitchen!

Now, I've never really prepared anything by myself before nor really cooked, sure I can help out and just put some food on the pan, but I really have little to no knowledge on how to cook!

I LOVE food and I eat a lot of it without being able to gain weight, so I try to take it as an advantage to eat things I love, although sometimes I can't make the things I like so much.

I don't want to sign up to a cooking class yet, I do however want to be able to know somewhat, like more on ingredients and how to find out what exactly is my kind of taste...

As a baby, I WAS FAT! But after my baby years, I didn't eat much, I didn't care about taste and I didn't even like eating much food.. So I was skinny and I'm sure that killed my metabolism, in which brings me to where I am today, skinny but I can eat a whole lot more than all my friends. :LOL: Well around the age of 14 I finally started to get more into tasting new things and just enjoying food, although now at 16, I LOVE food and I've been getting more and more interested in learning about the things I eat and how to make them!

So.. Finishing this off, I'm glad to join this community, I hope I can learn a lot more about ingredients, recipes and cooking in this community so that I can maybe even cook some of the things I love!

Bon Appetit!
Provecho! :D

Well I'm more of a meat-eater, I love pan cooked steaks (of course I love steak on the grill more but that's not something i can do much! ), I enjoy eating my mom and dad's pasta but since I don't live with them anymore I haven't ate it in a long time.. :(
I'd LOVE to learn how to cook pasta! :D
And I'd also love to learn how to simple season some new york strip, sirloin or even filete steak. I'm sure my uncle would by me either of those, I just want to know how to season it! :D

And thanks for the welcome!

Steaks are best cooked hot and fast! get your pan hot until the oil is smoking before you put the steaks in.

I would start seasoning them with salt,pepper,garlic and since you are in mexico maybe some dried oregano or cumin.

Top them with some salsa.

Chop the leftover steak and put with some cooked pasta, tomatoes. onions and a little mexican cheese like cotija.

That's the thing, I'm not totally into mixing mexican foods with things like that, I don't mind eating mexican food the way it is, but mixed in with my favorite foods I don't really like..
I did grow up in the states, didn't really eat mexican foods, more american things like steak and some Nicaraguan food from my mom.

I'll try the pepper, garlic and salt though! Made my mouth watery now.. :D
I'll tell my uncle to buy me steak tomorrow. THanks for the help, any other tips?

Ah, and I didn't know that about the pan, thanks for the tip! :D

Last edited:
Do you have access to a cast iron skillet? If so put it on high heat salt the bottom when it's smokin hot lay in your steak. Don't touch it will release it's self when ready to turn. If you like mushrooms get a few slice them and in another skillet put butter and when it starts to bubble add your mushrooms saute til lightly golden add some garlic that is crushed or use garlic powder serve over your steak. If any asteak and mushrooms are left re-heat gently on low heaat get a nice french roll butter it put in pan on top of left overs cover heat til as warm as you like then make a nice steak sammie. As you come here and get to know the forum ask questions and these people will gladly help you. I'd also advise looking in a cookbook, find something of interest the if not sure ask us.
kadesma:)

My whole post was erased because my account signed out.. And the back button didn't help! :( Here we go again!

I don't think I have access to that. They don't really have much utensils for cooking... And well, that's kind of why I want to introduce more foods in the household, my uncle limits himself to mexican foods and I would really like to get a larger variety of dishes in the house, would be nice.. Also I might try mushrooms, never was into them but I'm still open to new tastes! Just not any mexican mixes, bored/tired of it. :S
I'll be sure to get my hands on a cookbook and find things I like, if not I'll try googling!

Many thanks for the post!

Well I'm more of a meat-eater, I love pan cooked steaks (of course I love steak on the grill more but that's not something i can do much! ), I enjoy eating my mom and dad's pasta but since I don't live with them anymore I haven't ate it in a long time.. :(
I'd LOVE to learn how to cook pasta! :D
And I'd also love to learn how to simple season some new york strip, sirloin or even filete steak. I'm sure my uncle would by me either of those, I just want to know how to season it! :D

And thanks for the welcome!

No harm in experimenting with food. Use your creativity.I also love pasta and my favorite is tuna pasta. very easy to prepare. you can google the recipe for it. It's delicious and definitely healthy. :chef:

No harm in experimenting with food. Use your creativity.I also love pasta and my favorite is tuna pasta. very easy to prepare. you can google the recipe for it. It's delicious and definitely healthy. :chef:

Thanks I might actually try googling that, just ate a nice tuna sandwich a second ago! :D

Thanks I might actually try googling that, just ate a nice tuna sandwich a second ago! :D
You can Google if you'd like but we have a pasta forum right here at DC. Go there and see what we have and do try mushrooms I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them. The stores have pasta sauces you can use but I'm sure our members would be more than happy to start you off with a recipe that isn't complex and you can do. Here is one my grand kids love and it's done in a flash cook you [asta according to package direction, They prefer Angel hair (cappalini) I but either dry or fresh I prefer fresh but that's up to you. After dreining melt a cube of butter and brown slightly ,pour over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan serve with gree tossed salad (it's good for you) add some garlic bread dinner is served
kadesma

I'll try pastas with my dad sometime when I see him maybe, and I'll make sure to keep that recipe and maybe he can show me some other stuff, he makes GOOD pasta! :D

But my uncle may buy me some nice filets/medallions this week and I may try to marinate each differently and see what I like most. :D

thanks for the help guys! :D these forums seem nice so far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom