New here. Learning to cook. From Singapore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iCookSlowly

Assistant Cook
G’day!

Edwin from SG.
Just signed up the forum and I’m learning to cook.

Watched a video the other day about how to make poached egg using only water. No oil.
Result was splendid! Firm white runny york![emoji16]

Hope to learned more from the forum discussion here.

Thank you,
Edwin.

Welcome ICS to the group. We always are looking for new members. Lots to learn here and fun is attached automatically.

Not everyone can make a perfect poached egg. Congratulations. I like mine on English Muffins with butter. My favorite breakfast.

G’day!

Edwin from SG.
Just signed up the forum and I’m learning to cook.

Watched a video the other day about how to make poached egg using only water. No oil.
Result was splendid! Firm white runny york![emoji16]

Hope to learned more from the forum discussion here.

Thank you,
Edwin.
Hey Edwin! Welcome to DC. Singapore sure is in the spotlight recently! I hope you’ll provide us with some unique and delicious dishes from that part of the world!

I’ve never heard of eggs poached in oil! Ever! Is that a thing?

Hey Edwin! Welcome to DC. Singapore sure is in the spotlight recently! I hope you’ll provide us with some unique and delicious dishes from that part of the world!

Oil is for sunny-side up fried egg. Taste good less healthy choice. [emoji16]

I’m a butter man myself.

Welcome ICS (your new nickname). Poaching an egg is very healthy, but frying an egg (or scrambled or an omelet) wins for taste, even if it does clog your arteries just a little bit.

BTW, poaching an egg properly is no an easy task, so if you can do that, you can do a lot more in the kitchen.

If you are learning to cook, google and YouTube search the term, "Mise en Place."

That is the first thing a beginner cook should learn. It will make cooking much easier, and more enjoyable -- a lot less stressful.

I have also heard that food in Singapore is a really big deal. I hope you can share some of your food experiences with us.

CD

He said "water, No oil"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom