The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foodgenie

Assistant Cook
Thank you for accepting me as a new member. I am looking forward to finding new friends who share the same likes I do. I am from Paradise, California, the town which recently was destroyed by a forest fire. We plan to rebuild when possible and for now are living in a camper on someone's private property. It is rather difficult cooking when you have no: mixing bowls, wooden spoons, measuring devices, knives...… I have now replaced many of those things but space is very tight. It is a challenge but I am determined to always have, "from scratch home cooked meals."
I am retired and share this little camper with my adult son and his two children. The children love Grandma's meals.

Welcome, genie.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your home, but you have to admire Californians' will to perservere and rebuild.

I wish you lived closer. We could restock your kitchen with stuff from our old house (which had 2 small kitchens).

Again, welcome.

Yes, you are a food genie. To be able to continue on after what you and your family have been through is like working magic. If there is anything we can do to help make your life easier, please let us know. Here is hoping we all get to know each other better. God bless you from a fellow grandmother.

How old are your grandchildren and what kind of food do they like to eat?

Last edited:
Welcome to DC. we heard about the fires in Paradise California on the news and it sounded horrific. I'm so sorry you had that to deal with.

Welcome to the forum, Genie! So sorry to hear about your tragedy. I admire your perseverance in these times. Positive thoughts to you and your family.

I have gone through Paradise a couple of times. And I remember thinking, "What a perfect name for such a lovely place."

Welcome to DC. When I heard the news that a "whole" town was destroyed by the fires, my heart just sank. But I am glad you seem to have spunk. Sounds like your family came through with determination and guts. Good luck to all of you. When your spirits seem to be low, get to the kitchen and cook. There are some grandkids who love Gramma's cooking. Food is a great spirit lifter.

Your story gives me a pit in the stomach. You are a hero, having coped with all that, and I send you much love. Hang on in there - there's still a place for you, and people who love you and want to help you.

Many hugs

di reston

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom