The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookingaduge

Assistant Cook
Hello all,

So nice to see so many people into cooking ideas and helps.
I am in need of a help, I am looking for vegan keto bread reciepe, can anyone please help me with this.

Hello and Welcome to DC!

Someone here must have some experience with your request. I did Google it and it seems there are lots of recipes out there. Vegan, Keto, gluten free, I was amazed at how many popped up!

Good luck and happy baking!

I truly wish I could be of more help. I make good bread, and good multi-grain bread, but have not made a true keto bread. If my understanding is correct, you are looking for the least amount of carbs as possible.

With that in mind, I have found that there is a certain amount of wheat flour necessary to make a good bread. In the past, I always used a ratio of 2/3rds wheat flour to 1/3 of the other flours added to my breads. However, I think I can get away with less wheat flour if I include some dough conditioning ingredients.

Know this; this is not a tried and true recipe. It should give you a reasonable loaf of bread though with good flavor.

This is a modified version of my multi-grain bread recipe, which is tried and true.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour
1/4 cup pearl barley, cooked
1/4 cup sprouted barley
1/4 cup malt
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup millet
1/4 cup white chia seed
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
3 tbs. vital wheat gluten
1/4 cup tapioca flour
3 tbs. hulled sunflower see
3 tbs. chopped almond
3 tbs. chopped pistachio
3 tbs. chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup psyllium husks
2 tsp. SAF Red or Gold instant yeast*
3 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbs. granulated white sugar
2 cups plus 2 tbs. cool water
5 tbs. neutral sunflower, or corn oil

Heat water in a glass, or ceramic container to tepid (95 to100 ;F) in microwave. Add sugar, and yeast. Stir. Let rest for ten minutes, or until a yeast foam forms on top. Place all ingredients into a mixer with the dough hook attached to the mixer. turn mixer to lowest setting and mix for a minute. Increase mixer speed to medium and let mix for 7ot 10 minutes, or until dough pulls cleanly away from the bowl sides. Rub butter all over the inside of a large glass, ceramic, or plastic bowl. Transfer the dough to the buttered bowl. Cover with clean linen towel and let sit at room temperature for 40 minutes. Punch down the dough and transfer to buttered loaf pans, filling them 2/3rds full. Cover with linen towels and let rise for another 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 350' F. Brush the top of the dough with milk. When the oven comes up to temp, insert the loaf pans, along with a small casserole dish half filled with water. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the loaf is browned, and sounds hollow when lightly thumped on to. Remove the pans from the oven, and run a silicone spatula along the inside to loosen the bread loaf. Remove the loaf to a cooling rack and let cool for 30minutes before slicing.

All of the flours, grains, and nuts were chosen for their high protein content.
There are many more, and even higher protein grains, but they aren't readily available in many places, and are more expensive. You may have to add more wheat flour to make this work. As stated, this isn't tried and true - tested. Butt it is a good starting point. Good luck on finding your perfect keto bread, and welcome to DC.
North
Seeeeya; Chief Llongwind of the

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom