The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Kahuna

Assistant Cook
Aloha from Kauai:

Just discovered the site yesterday when stumbling accross the Big Green Egg question and could not resist.

My name is Hartwin, the wife and I are retired, and we live on the north shore of this small island. Hawaiians, Japanese, Filipinos, Chinese, Portugese, many Polynesians and other groups have brought their unique ways of cooking here and have, over the years, merged many tastes and ideas to create new food combinations. Since we are rich in many food related resources, cooking is a real pleasure (eating is even better). Our Big Green Egg is fired up several times a week.

Aloha, Hartwin

Mahalo Hartwin. As you know I am new too, but thaks for the input in the foremention Egg thread.
I have really enjoyed the site so far, hope you do too.

Welcome Hatwin,
would love to chat about recipes and the peoples who's ways of cooking have influenced your way.

kadesma :)

Eh, Big Kahuna, howzit? Was the surf up today? A big Aloha from Oahu......Wasabi

I am doing fine, Wasabi, not much surf from what I could see. No problem though, the days when I was invisible, fast as a speeding bullet and leaping tall buildings are long gone. Good to hear from you. Aloha.

Welcome Kahuna! I stayed in Princeville about 3 years ago. I just fell in love with that island. What an incredible place to live. I was 7 months pregnant on that trip, so I didn't get to do all the things I would have liked. When I make it back, I will do all those things, especially seeing the Na Pali Coast. That must be an incredible sight!

Big Kahuna said:
I am doing fine, Wasabi, not much surf from what I could see. No problem though, the days when I was invisible, fast as a speeding bullet and leaping tall buildings are long gone. Good to hear from you. Aloha.

Big K, you're never to old to surf, just watch out for the big whites. There has been way too many shark attacks this year.

Thanks, corazon90, glad you liked our community and hope you will make it back to complete all those unfinished activities. Watch some of the many movies filmed on the island, they make superb reminders of what you have missed.

Back
Top Bottom