New member:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert L Spinden

Assistant Cook
Hello, I found this site while researching sugar substitutes. I'm just under 60 and have just found that I've got type 2 (adult onset) diabetes. I'm on the learning curve and in the process of changing my diet. I was confused about some products on the shelf in the local marts that say "sugar free" but contain sucrose, maltose, fructos, dextrose etc. I'm weaning myself of of sugar but still like a little sweet once in awhile. The artificial sweeteners taste terrible. So I'm looking around for a solution.
I love to cook and am a natural at it. Hot sauces are a favorite and I've got a thing for habanero's.
My real love is repairing clocks but I still need to eat.

Welcome.
I am new too, and understand your plight. Thanks to science, there a certainly alot more friendly thins out there for folks in the same circumstance. What do you think of splenda?

Hope you enjoy the boards.

welcome robert.

i think the history of clocks is amazing, from sundials to cesium atoms, but never had the time to put mechanical clocks back together after disassembly... :)

hope you enjoy the site, and watch it fly.

Robert L Spinden said:
Hello, I found this site while researching sugar substitutes. I'm just under 60 and have just found that I've got type 2 (adult onset) diabetes. I'm on the learning curve and in the process of changing my diet. I was confused about some products on the shelf in the local marts that say "sugar free" but contain sucrose, maltose, fructos, dextrose etc. I'm weaning myself of of sugar but still like a little sweet once in awhile. The artificial sweeteners taste terrible. So I'm looking around for a solution.
I love to cook and am a natural at it. Hot sauces are a favorite and I've got a thing for habanero's.
My real love is repairing clocks but I still need to eat.
Robert, so glad you've found us..Get yourself a good endo and learn about carbohydrates, pasta, bread,beans,rice, and SUGAR to name a few..You can be taught to exchange carbs so that you don't have to use artificial sweetners..Find our healthy sorum and we can talk there and there will be others who can help you..There are many wonderful people here who will be more than happy to lend an ear and help you, myself included.

kadesma:)

Reply to my "new member" post

Thanks all for the reply's.
I'm trying Splenda, it's not as foul tasting as the others, I'll have to see what it does to my blood glucose level. Question; What is an "Endo"?

Splendas my fave too, doing weight watchers, my mom found out she has non alcoholic sclerosis of the liver, and its something that can be passed, so want weight under control as that helps to avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom