The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaika1

Assistant Cook
Hi, this is my first post. I love cooking, but frequently run out of ideas, so I'm hoping that I can get inspiration from here.

Welcome Kaika! :) You'll find so many super recipes here that you won't know where to begin.

thanks very much for your posts, I've had a look around, there's so much to read, I'm sure I can't complain "what shall I cook for supper" for ages.

Thanks, boufa06; I'm trying to orientate myself, are you all in Amerika or Europe? I noticed having to put in the time zone when I registered. If you are in America, I'll be a pain in you know what, pestering for quantity conversions. I'm in England, but come from Germany, so metric for me all the way, got used to ounces (sort of), but cups don't mean anything to me. :)

Kaika, Europe is where I am right now. Do not worry about measurements and conversions as the members here will be able to assist you one way or another. To help you get started, here are some useful information:

1 cup flour - 155gm (5oz)
1 cup sugar (crystal or castor) - 250gm (8oz)
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed - 185gm (6oz)
1 cup icing sugar, sifted - 185gm (6oz)
1 cup butter - 250gm (8oz)
1 cup honey, golden syrup, treacle - 375gm (12oz)
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs - 60gm (2oz)
1 cup packaged dry breadcrumbs - 155gm (5oz)
1 cup crushed biscuit crumbs - 125gm (4oz)
1 cup rice, uncooked - 220gm (7oz)
1 cup mixed fruit or sultanas etc - 185gm (6oz)
1 cup nuts, chopped - 125gm (4oz)
1 coconut, dessicated - 90gm (3oz)

thanks Boufa, that's really great, I've got it safely stored away. My best friend and I are trying new recipes, because, after 30 years of cooking, it can get a bit tedious to say the least. The measurments have always flummoxed me, because I was spoiled being brought up in metric, straightforward thinking in 10s etc. I might have the courage to post a recipe soon. It seems a bit presumptious being new and all that.
Anyway, hopefully speak soon, it's past 2 am, I'm a bit of a nightowl, but have to give in now and go to sleep.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom