The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

River Street Sweets

Assistant Cook
Hello! I'm a new member - just joined today - and i wanted to say hello. I live by myself and I'm not too good with cooking, but I absolutely love to eat. I'm hoping to learn how to eat on a budget without having to live off of pizza rolls and hamburger helper. :) I love everything unhealthy. My personal philosophy is "The more you eat, the thinner you get".

Welcome to DC. I certainly see nothing wrong with your philosophy - I REALLY wish it worked though!!!!! :ROFLMAO: I can still think it - geez, I'm hungry - I think I'll order some lunch to get thin - or less fat - or something like that! :rolleyes: :chef:

Ha! I swear it works. You just have to eat little amounts... all day long. Of course, most of my friends get angry because they say it doesn't work for them... Ive been thinking about writing a book on my idea of a diet though. I'll have an excerpt dedicated to my french fry philosophy: if you are ordering a meal and can't decide if you should get french fries or not, go ahead and order them. If you still haven't decided by the time you are done eating them, order some more. Repeat process until you are full or decide that you don't want the french fries.

OK, so it's actually "the more often you eat" - which, I do agree with that philosophy. I eat often during the day - but small amounts...on most days anyway - it doesn't always work out that way though.

I have to eat foods rich in potassium - lucky for me potato chips are one of those foods! :LOL:

Welcome to DC, RSSweets. You will be able to enjoy plenty of food-related discussions here. There is a lot to be part of here.

Your "diet" philosophy is quite similar to the ZONE method of eating. It consists of 3 carb/fat/protein-balanced meals a day, along with a late afternoon snack and an evening snack. The snacks are balanced along the same lines as the meals.

It's quite satisfying and keeps the body's furnace "stoked" all day long so insulin levels are maintained and metabolism is active.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom