The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heatherjelliott

Assistant Cook
hello every one ! iam new to this, but i love to cook! and i would love to get some new recipes and return the favor. i'm not the best cook but i have alot of simple, but delicious recipes that i would love to share as well as learn how to be better in the kitchen. some times i'm not sure on cooking times and i need a little general instructions so please don't laugh if i ask something silly!! thanks and look forward to checking some great dishes! :dizzy:

Welcome to DC!! You will love being here. There is noone going to laugh at any questions. There are never any silly questions. You would never learn anything in life without asking.

:)Welcome Heather like texasgirl said there no silly questions here, thats what DC is all about to help with your questions.Its alot of fun here and everyone is really nice.So jump on in the water is warm.:):)

I'm glad i joined ! Everyone seem real nice and i appreciate the support. Like i said, I am new at this so it's great to know you can get some help. I actually started using my computer to get recipes, now i'm teacing myself other things on it.
By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all !!!

Welcome to DC!! You will love being here. There is noone going to laugh at any questions. There are never any silly questions. You would never learn anything in life without asking.

Can you make me an Earthworm Stew that tastes great":ROFLMAO:

And you said, and I quote, "There are never any silly Questions."

You should know better. Goodweed is in the house!:LOL:

But all kidding aside, truly, ask anything about cooking here, and there is someone who will have an answer. In fact, you just might find yourself with more information than you wanted. We have people here who know everything from metalurgy (can imform you about the properties of metal cookwear, knives, etc., to the chemical reactions that cause sugars and protiens to brown under heat. And we have proffesional chefs, and a bunch of ametures with some pretty highly developed cooking skills. We also have an international community that offers a wide range of recipes and techniques from all over the world.

This is a good place to be. Oh, and one other thing, it's the freindliest site on the planet.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You seem like an interesting character. How may I ask did you come up with the name goodweed? and yes so far everyone is friendly! And you did prove that there is such a thing as a silly question. Silly's good!

Can you make me an Earthworm Stew that tastes great":ROFLMAO:

And you said, and I quote, "There are never any silly Questions."

You should know better. Goodweed is in the house!:LOL:

But all kidding aside, truly, ask anything about cooking here, and there is someone who will have an answer. In fact, you just might find yourself with more information than you wanted. We have people here who know everything from metalurgy (can imform you about the properties of metal cookwear, knives, etc., to the chemical reactions that cause sugars and protiens to brown under heat. And we have proffesional chefs, and a bunch of ametures with some pretty highly developed cooking skills. We also have an international community that offers a wide range of recipes and techniques from all over the world.

This is a good place to be. Oh, and one other thing, it's the freindliest site on the planet.:)

Lots of seasoning and stewing, and never telling you what is in it, YES:angel:

This one is one of a handful you need to watch out for:ROFLMAO:

You seem like an interesting character. How may I ask did you come up with the name goodweed? and yes so far everyone is friendly! And you did prove that there is such a thing as a silly question. Silly's good!

To make a long story short (no comments from peanut gallery please, and you know who you are.:rolleyes:) I was that tiny kid in the neighborhood, the one who was picked last on the ball team, or for any kid-community type games. I was just too small to keep up with my peers. I would come home dejected and pouting. My Dad would always line me up against the door-jam of my bedroom and put a pencil-mark on the wood showing how much I'd grown since the last pencil-mark. And he would give me a pep-talk to cheer me up and give me hope that one day I would grow. It always included the phrase "One of these days, you're going to shoot up like a bad weed."

At about 22 years of age, I had finally attained the whopping height of 5'6" tall, at 145 lbs (my best weight ever). I had graduated high school at about 92 lbs, and joined the U.S. Navy at 103 lbs. And so, I never did grow like a "bad weed". And so, when I began to go online and develop my name, I just figured that I must be "Goodweed". I live in and love the North (I live on the Canada border) and so am "of the North"

Unfortunately, as my matabolizm changed, I took on the profile of a barrel cactus:ROFLMAO:. Well, maybe not that extreme, but I am heavier than 145 now, by about 77 lbs. But I'm still waking up in the morning, looking in the mirror, and asking myself, "How is it that I get better looking every day, while the rest of humanity just gets a day older?":LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also, I have never used illegal drugs, and don't even use alcohol or tobaco products. The name often gives the first impression that I might be living in the "fringe" world of society. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm about as straight arrow as they come, though not boring. Lastly, I don't really believe that there are truly any "bad" weeds, just plants that we don't know the value of yet.

And so, my name is my history, it is my physical description, it is my philosophy, and it is my joke on whosoever jumps to conclusions, all at the same time. And besides, I like being controversial, in a tongue-in-cheek kinda way.:ROFLMAO:

Hi Heather, Happy New Year and welcome to the group..So glad to have you join us...
kadesma:)

if that was making a long story short, i'd hate to see what you consider long! Just joking.And i wasn't knocking you even if you were some kind of pot head. I'm not one to judge anyone, I had my days when I was younger.

Back
Top Bottom