New member and Breville mini pie user

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruffled Spouse

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, I'm so glad to find this wonderful list! I love to cook and bake and it's great to find a group of like-minded people. YAY! I just purchased a Breville mini pie baker and several mini pie tins. I'm a recent widow and learning to cook for one is a pain, I love chicken pot pies and such but really don't want to eat the same thing for a week! Hence the mini pies. And soup.
this is going to be a great group
Cheers
Ruffled Spouse:chef:
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter" E.E. Cummings

Hi,

First, I am sorry for your loss. 2nd, welcome to DC. 3rd, cooking for one, cooking for a downsize family, cooking for an expanding family -- is a challenge we all in some way strive to juggle and balance.

Congratulations on becoming a member of the DC Breville Personal Pie Club. Without this appearing as crass or diminish, I hope you find it bit uplifting that you may now Legally wear Purple.

I have my DC book marks open at the moment. There are 3 Breville Pie threads we add to periodic. Check them out for tips and a few recipes.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/brevilles-personal-pie-68574.html

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/savory-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79084.html

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/sweet-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79085.html

Again, welcome to DC. I hope you enjoy and contribute to the group.

Hello Ruffled and my Condolences on your loss. I, too, am a Breville Mini Pie maker and you will love it. It's nice to have someone new to get us all excited again. I think them up and Shrek, the big guy in my life, makes them. He's retired and I'm just tired:LOL: Have fun, I see you have met Whiska!

Oh, I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to DC!

What is this pie maker? How did I miss this? I must go look!

With love,
~Cat

Thank you for your kindness and for this site. I KNEW there had to be a group of mini pie makers out there somewhere and found you through google.
I saw your taco pie, Princess and it sounded soooo good I rushed to the store for the necessities and back home to start it. I tried both corn and flour tortillas and the corn ones are really good, but rather fragile.I made a few changes in your recipe, added a squirt of Lime juice, some Franks Red Hot sauce (because I LOVE the stuff, some fish sauce to add the ummmm and baked them open face. Stopped after the cheese was melted but before it turned oily. I have some thin aluminum sheets from costo,the kind restaurants use to wrap baked potatoes. I used that to cover the pies the first time, but decided it didn't matter. But did use your idea of foil "handles" since the pies tend to collapse, leaving me with taco turnovers. I have a pie lifter, but it doesn't work on these.
I can tell, this is the start of something goooood!
cheers

Wonderful! There are several of us, one is lout to the Theat-uh, tonight and we wait for the others to wander through. I am so glad the recipe turned out well for you.

Hi Ruffled
Glad you found us. Just one warning This
Place Is Habit forming.
I am sorry for your loss, I know it is hard,
if we can help let us know.

Josie

Thank you and I'm glad I found you too! Oh, and FINALLY someone has given me permission to wear purple! YAY!
cheers
Ruffled S
"The most wasted of days is one without laughter" e.e. Cummings

Welcome to DC! So sorry for your loss. We all love the color purple here, and the Brevillian Pie Makers are just plain crazy. Unlike the rest of us.

WOW! You have a Breville pie maker.....I'm impressed. One of the best devices of our modern age have to be the Breville toastie maker. Sounds like you are on the right track Ruffled. Welcome ;)

So sorry for your loss, Ruffled Spouse. I am glad you found us--not only is it legal for you to wear as much purple as you'd like, you may also plant purple veggies, paint rooms purple, buy purple dishes, and don't forget the purple shoes (I have 6 pairs of purple shoes/boots).

Welcome to DC! I love my pie maker. Hrm....we have not had recent updates to the mini-pies. Perhaps it is time. I was thinking of making a steak and kidney pie with mine the other day....if I can find good kidneys.

Kathleen

chicken pot pie

Today is my day for chicken pot pies. Or was until I had to go to a meeting. I made the stock yesterday and now for the filling and the crust. Also got some mini pie tins, four per tin with removable botttms from Wms Sonomoa. They look as though they would make a great pot pies, slightly larger and deeper than the Breville and, of course go in the oven. Was also time to clean out freezer. ARGHHHH found lots of strawberries, raspberries and an assortment of berries of undertermined species. Time for more mixed berry pies again.
There i s a great pie book names , appropriately, PIE,by Ken Haedrich.LOTS of pies and everyone makes me thing "hmm can that be made in a Breville?" So off, and good luck with the steak and kidney pie
Cheer
Ruth, who is happily sliding down the slippery slope of mini-pie-dom

Back
Top Bottom