New To Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xclusiv

Assistant Cook
HEY IM NEW TO COOKING AS IN COOKING OUT OF MY ELEMENT. IM USED TO PASTA AND ESPECIALLY MICROWAVING MY DISHES SO I WOULD LOVE A LITTLE HELP IF ANYONE WOULD B WILLING TO SEND SOME EASY RECIPES SO I COULD TRY OUT. WHAT GOOD COOK BOOKS CAN I GET ONLINE PREFERABLY 20 MINUTE COOK TIME?!
:pig:

Last edited:
Hi, xclusiv. Welcome to DC.

I think the best way for your to advance your cooking skills is to begin asking specific questions rather than asking for recipes. Since you say you are less than expert in the kitchen, getting a recipe won't necessarily be the solution.

Tell us a little about the things you like to eat and what you would like to learn. There are lots of helpful members here who will be more than happy to get you well on your way to success. Just start asking.:)

Joy of Cooking!

HEY IM NEW TO COOKING AS IN COOKING OUT OF MY ELEMENT. IM USED TO PASTA AND ESPECIALLY MICROWAVING MY DISHES SO I WOULD LOVE A LITTLE HELP IF ANYONE WOULD B WILLING TO SEND SOME EASY RECIPES SO I COULD TRY OUT. WHAT GOOD COOK BOOKS CAN I GET ONLINE PREFERABLY 20 MINUTE COOK TIME?!
:pig:

Oh boy, you have a fun challenge but how to help!:rolleyes: Now all the real cooks will scald me but I would look up Rachel Ray for fast and easy things. You are going to be a lot slower than she is because her shows on the food net work chanel are prearranged but she does it in real time - she's fast. She has who knows how many cook books out - if you have a local book store like Barns and carry out you should be able to find her. Amazon likewise. Check out Food Network : Cooking, Recipe Collections, Party Ideas, Quick & Easy Recipes, Cooking Videos and search her name. That's for starters.

For a decent all purpose cook book try Better Homes and Gardens "New Cook Book". I have a 1993 tenth edition. It's not a teaching cookbook but there's a lot there.

For me, about two years ago after being tired of eating out of cans:( and heating precooked in the microwhooper I decided to learn to cook from scratch. Fumbled around for a time in getting started - kinda disorganized. Then I hit on the idea of picking a cusine far far away from Ohio and learning how to make a meal or two. So I've done that with Lebonese, Kenyan, Greek, Hungarian, German, Chinese, Indian (yes Indian but from an Indian cook book somewhat Americanized but good) and love of mine, Ukrainian.
Go to Books by Volunteers who serve Ukraine Orphans and check out the World's Best Borsch tab.

I am no expert at all, plain novice but this approach has made it fun and informative. You can not cook these foods without being a bit curious about the cultures and history. Good luck. Just ask. People here love to help!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom