New to forums and excited to try new recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzybaby342

Assistant Cook
I'm new to discussion forums but definitely not new to cooking. I love cooking for a big crowd but do my best for a few thankful people. I live with my boyfriend in a one bedroom apartment with a simple kitchen. I've never had the pleasure and opportunity to cook in a well equipped kitchen, but I am happy and do well with what I do have.

I love trying new recipes, it's hard to get my boyfriend to try new things because he is one of those simple "hamburger is just fine" meal eater. Although, the last few recipes I have tried he has LOVED. So, it is getting easier and easier.

I'm a secretary at a new charter school about 30 minutes away from home. It allows me to think about and plan out menus and meals for us. I am interested in budget friendly meals and changing our not so healthy eating habits. :angel:

39817-albums888-picture5659.jpg

Hi, and welcome to DC :) My husband sometimes says similar things, because cooking isn't his favorite thing, so he thinks of it as a chore. But for me, it's fun, so I just ignore him and make yummy food and he loves it :)

Here's a tip for budget-friendly meals: (Almost ;)) every weekend, I make a meal plan for the upcoming week. I start by looking in the fridge, freezer and pantry to see what I have, look through recipes I've put by that I want to try, and look through the grocery store sale papers to see what's on sale. Then I choose what to make for dinner, and make up my grocery list, based on what I find. I sometimes don't go by the plan, but in general, it helps me use up what's in the fridge and freezer, and avoid buying items I already have. Hope this helps.

My husband likes the simple things too and that's a great asset when a couple is working two jobs each or working full time and also going to school. He was and still is keenly aware of the rule that came with his bride .... "You don't like what's on the table for supper? Sorry, Baby, supper's over". I've never gone out of my way to prepare dishes with ingredients he does not like..... especially raw onions.... but there's no making myself nuts in preparing only his favorites.
If most of the ingredients are on his "edible list" and time and energy allows, I say, do what works for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom