new to Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2eat

Assistant Cook
Hey y'all (I am not accustomed to this, sorry)

I just relocated to Houston Texas. I need a lot of help from this group.

As I lived in Hawaii over 8 years, living on the mainland is quite an exciting experience for me. There are just a lot of stuff to choose from, verses to just one or two selections in grocery stores on the islands.

I am also excited to see the cost of grocery here. Wow, I could spend over 2 hours looking at stuff in the store and grabbing almost everything off the shelves. yes, those prices are so good and no sales tax. (as you can tell I am not from here. hehehe)

Thanks in advance. I am always happy that I joined this group. You guys are awesome!

aloha,
Lou

Welcome to HOuston, Lovetoeat,

When not posted overseas, Houston is where I come home to---we still own a home north of Intercontinental airport. YOu will find lots to shop for and great restaurants. The cost of living isn't bad as you've experienced compared to Hawaii. Welcome aboard and aloha!

Hi and welcome. So glad you are joining us. We just got a Sam's store in our city and I know what you mean about spending a long time in a store. There is so much to see.:)

Welcome to Texas!

One of the coolest grocery stores in texas is Central Market. I've linked you to the directions to the store in Houston, which is supposed to be one of the biggest grocery stores in Houston. Good luck in Houston.

JoAnn L. said:
I can't get to the store but thanks for the link. They have some great recipes.:)

They have neat recipes and it's a neat store, big on organics. They're owned by H-E-B, which is a Texas-owned corp. They are big competition with Wal-mart's grocery section.

I live 2 blocks from one of the Central Markets. They give TONS of free samples, kinda like Sam's does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom