New to the forums...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
Wanted to introduce myself... im 28 and from northern new jersey but currently living in western mass. I love to cook, my step dad used to own a restaurant and most of my family (large italian family) cooks. I'm always looking for new recipes and am obsessed with plating the food and the aesthetic value of it.

I cook dinner for my girlfriend every wed/thursday nights (she is a doctor and works late those nights) and am always look for new ideas there.

I LOVE the fact that good cooking books are always on sale dirt cheat on the clearance rack at borders.

I'm a project manager in the IT department for a medical supply company, and love sports and excersize as well as cooking.

I've read thread on here for a while but this is my first post.

Hi, jerseyjay14. Just jump on in and become part of our huge Internet family. Lots of great folks here with lots of help and information. Have fun. We're glad you've found us.

P.S. Congratulations on cooking for your girlfriend who is so busy.

i was born in Highland Park, NJ then moved to Framingham, MA. I now live in Grafton, MA. How bout you?

i was born in Highland Park, NJ then moved to Framingham, MA. I now live in Grafton, MA. How bout you?

I'm From Ridgefield NJ (bergen county) and now i live in shrewsbury, MA. I work in natick, ma right near framingham. I went to college at Northeastern, so thats how i ended up here.

Hi, jerseyjay14. Just jump on in and become part of our huge Internet family. Lots of great folks here with lots of help and information. Have fun. We're glad you've found us.

P.S. Congratulations on cooking for your girlfriend who is so busy.

thanks! as for cooking for my girlfriend, its actually more a me thing! I love to cook for people :chef:

I'm From Ridgefield NJ (bergen county) and now i live in shrewsbury, MA. I work in natick, ma right near framingham. I went to college at Northeastern, so thats how i ended up here.
Wow we are one town apart. Pretty cool. Have you been in Shrewsbury long? One of our favorite restaurants is there (Amici Trattoria)

Do you know where the gazebo is in the common? It is right by that. I think it is the intersection of rt 140 and main st (I think it is main). It is an amazing place.

Do you know where the gazebo is in the common? It is right by that. I think it is the intersection of rt 140 and main st (I think it is main). It is an amazing place.

i checked out the website, i'm pretty sure i know about where it is, but havent been there. Although i may check it out on saturday.... any recommendations? Also, have you been to Via italian table on shrewsbury st in worcester? ive been a few times and its pretty good.

Also, do you know of any good butcher's or meat markets in the area? I usually go to the meat market in worcester but they no longer have Boneless duck... any ideas where i could pick some up?

Anything there is good. You can't go wrong.

I have been to a number of places on Shrewsbury St, but have not been to Via Italian. I will have to check it out.

I am still searching for a good meat market here. I found a great fish place in Millbury on 140, but meat markets seem to be harder to come by for some reason.

I have been to a number of places on Shrewsbury St, but have not been to Via Italian. I will have to check it out.

its fairly new, and its owned by the same people who own the 111 chop house. good food, great atmosphere, quiet, and decent prices as well.
I am still searching for a good meat market here. I found a great fish place in Millbury on 140, but meat markets seem to be harder to come by for some reason.

there is a great fish market with a great fruit stand right next to it on grafton st in worcester... its right off the milbury exit off the pike. There is a meat market on the 3rd exit off the round about at the end of shrewbury street. i think its on winter street. great meat market, good quality meat, good price. unfortunetly, they dont carry alot of the less common stuff anymore like quail or boneless duck.

i'm gonna go crazy if i cant find a place that sells boneless duck. i just de-boned one an hour ago and it was a pain.

there is a great fish market with a great fruit stand right next to it on grafton st in worcester... its right off the milbury exit off the pike.
Yep that is the one I was talking about. I thought it as Millbury, but you are probably right that it is Worcester. That fruit stand is great too.

Yep that is the one I was talking about. I thought it as Millbury, but you are probably right that it is Worcester. That fruit stand is great too.

yeah i dont know how that fruit stand stays in business... great fruit but everything is dirt cheap. i stock up with everything i need and still get change back from a 5

Yeah I know what you mean. You can walk in there with pocket change and walk out with a shopping bag full of fruit.

Back
Top Bottom