Newbie from Firey So CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcnerd

Head Chef
Hi Everyone! I'm a 63-year-old retired bachelor Nerd that has learned there is life other than frozen dinners and learning out to cook for 1 or 2, make my own condiments to reduce the salt and to can the stuff I love so much and can't really get/afford commercially.

I'm tossing out a few generations of recipe collections that are for 6-8 people that I would never make, even if I resized it. I realize their very existence has been an intimidation to never (learn how to) cook and getting rid of them has been a tremendous emotional awakening. Thanks to MasterCook and a few half-size 3-ring notebooks, I'm making my own recipe books of things that I "know" I will do. I'm excited and my female relatives are getting jealous of my endeavors. :cool:

Hey I'm from So Cal as well. Glad the fires going out. The little bit of drizzle we had and the cooler temperatures really helped. Welcome.

Hi, mcnerd. Welcome to DC. Sounds as though you're on your way to some satisfactory culinary achievements. Good for you. Stick around and enjoy all the wisdom you'll get from our wonderful members. We're glad you've found us.

welcome McNerd, from central california, I like your attitude the way you are cleaning out
your binders. I am in the process of making a family cookbook. and I have found out with
the search engines we have you don`t need a cookbook. just ask and you shall recieve.
But if you need instructive leadership on culinary situations you came to the right spot.
Again welcome and if you get the urge just jump in with both feet.

Back
Top Bottom