Nice Site!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonj79

Assistant Cook
Hey guys. I ran across this site the other day searching in Google. My search was, "brown spots on beef". I know a lot about cooking and have been cooking 75% of my life (27 yrs old) but everyday you learn something new. I am serious when it comes to fresh ingredients and that is all I try and use. Well the other day I bought a beautiful looking Chuck Roast from Kroger. Normally I don't buy my meat from there, but this looked so good, I figured what the ****. Well two days later when I go to cook it, it developed ugly looking grey spots all over it. I have had meat in the past do that and normally I just threw it away. But I never really looked into it. So when I typed it into google this website came up. It said it was just spots from lack of oxygen. So I kept the beef this time and cooked it. Turned out fine.

But the main thing I learned out of this was this forum. I love message boards. I haven't found a lot that discuss cooking so to me this place is gold. I am going to have a good time here. I hope to learn a lot and teach a lot. One thing about cooking is you never stop learning. I have never went to school for cooking but learned everything I know from trial and error (the best teacher), cookbooks, and foodnetwork. I have been cooking since 7 years old. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 15 and my father did not know how to cook. He owned a business so he was busy with that. I had to pick up my moms job. At first I was awful, but so learned what worked and what didn't. Even when I would mess up or something would turn out awful I still loved doing it.

My mom and dad always encouraged me to be a chef when I finished high school. I didn't want to do this as a job. To me cooking is fun. It's one thing to slave in your kitchen for a couple of hours cooking for you family and friends. To me a form of showing your love. It's a complete different thing to bust your *** in a high pressure kitchen 10-12 hours a day trying to make a living. So I do it for fun, lol.

Instead of becoming a chef I got into the car business at a young age and now own my own carlot. I was 20 when I got into cars. I am 27 now. Cooking is my enjoyment. Cars support my living and cooking, hehe.

Well thats my introduction. I look forward to meeting people on here from all walks of life, ages, sexes, and races. Doesn't matter to me. I am a people's person. I am here to learn and to help those who need help. Hope you guys will enjoy my company. Don't be afraid or shy to say hello.

Thanks,
Jason

Wow! You are quite wise for your age, Jason! I'm sure you'll have so much to add to this spice-rack we call home!

It is really nice to have you here.
PS - whereabouts are you from?

jKath: Thank you, I am glad to be here. I have been browsing quite a bit since I posted this post and I am already learning so much. You can never learn to much when it comes to cooking. Soak up everything, and that I am doing.

I live in Augusta, Ga.

Sabrine: Hello. How are you? What is going on in Belgium? I bet you guys have some good food, huh?

wasabi said:
Aloha Jason and welcome.

Whats happening Wasabi? How is Hawaii? I bet the food is out of this world. My grandfather went to Hawaii once and had the time of his life. Do you remember Magnum P.I.? I think the show was filmed in Hawaii. He always drove a red ferrai in the show. That was my grandfathers favorite show and when he went in the early 80's he went to the site of the studio and took pictures of himself with the Magnum P.I. car. It was his dream come true. He loved Hawaii. He must have taken 100 pictures during his vacation and it was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Always wanted to go.

Welcome, Jason,

I can hear the excitement in your 'voice' (typing). This is a wonderful site that I'm trying to navigate around since I'm new, too. I'm just south of Atlanta and my dogs won't even go outside because of the heat.

vagriller said:
Jason,
Welcome to the site. Where in the "spice-rack" are you located?

Augusta, Ga. Born and raised. Don't plan on leaving anytime soon. My father just moved to Mrytle Beach, S.C. He is begging me to move up there. I think i'm gonna stay right where i'm at though.

vagriller said:
Are you a car salesman? How did you get into it?

My grandfather opened up a carlot in the 70's then we he passed away my father took over the business. Growing up I was always around cars and have been working in the business since I was 12. When I graduated High School I did nothing for about 2 years. Just took it easy, hung around friends, basically wasted that time away. Then my father closed the carlot up and got into wholesaling cars. He got me a job at a local car dealership so I could learn how to sale and do financing. I worked there for about a year. After that I went to work as a salesman at other carlots for about a year or two. Then my father's wholesaling starting growing out of control and he was getting calls from all of his old customers who were wanting cars. So while he sold cars to all of the local dealers I sold cars to the public. We would sell and finance cars. So I did that for about 3 years and saved up my money. Then I started buying and selling and financing cars as well. My dad retired and closed up the business. I opened up under a different name and went into business for myself. My dad didn't just give me the business, I earned it. So that is what I do now. We sell the cars and have the customers pay us each month. I do all of my own financing. I don't go through banks. Love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom