OK, this Texas foodie's jumping in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been "grazing" here a couple of weeks and finally getting up the nerve to say hi! My husband and I love to play with food - all kinds, from all places - and even have little private tastings with scorecards - now how silly is that?

That's all. Just glad to be here.

yeay, another Texan.:w00t2: Where bouts are you from?

You'll love it here!!

9.gif

Now why on earth would that be silly? I think it really sounds fun, Heron!

I know you will have lots of fun here - it's the nicest grouping of people you'll ever meet!

Thanks!

Texasgirl - we're on Bob Sandlin lake, fightin' a few fireants. Just built - but have already managed a nice, tiny "char-hole" on the deck from the smoker.

Been back a year, now. Should have come back sooner. The best part about being back: the mercados and being able to get chile de arbol CHEAP! The worst is no other "cuisine" that's within shouting distance.

Your not too far away then!
Ever been to Lake Tawakoni? {catfish capital}
We have some nice high fin blue cats. Nice white meat.

You say you came back? Where did you go? I would like to move away for a while, just to get away from Texas. I was born here and never left, LOL

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks a bunch, pdswife, middie, sierracook, jkath, texasgirl - feel officially welcomed.

For Texasgirl - Husband knows Lake T well (but not the catfish personally). He's a born-and-bred Texan - I'm just back for a second go-round. We lived/traveled all over due to job, but I found that if you marry a Texan, you're gonna end up back in Texas! If you ever leave, you'll want to come right back, I guarantee it! Not that there aren't plenty of fabulous places and people outside of Texas - we do miss those, too!

We already have a spot in the back picked for our "pit & spit" cabrito party! Yay!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom