SO VERY NEW (Help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveDE

Assistant Cook
Hi Guys,

My name is Steve and Im a terrible cook, really awful!

That is about to change though because I've decided to really do something about it. I've recently turned 30 and I've had enough of living off TV Dinners or Takeaways just because I can't cook. I have a seven year old little girl who has to live off microwaveable rubbish just because her Dad is rubbish in the kitchen, and that's not fair on her.

So... I've decided to enlist the help of my very capable brother Dave who learnt his skills in the catering core of the army, as well as working as a head chef in lots of restaurants around the UK (I know, I know, I got the looks.... He got the cookery skills ha). I've tried asking for help from him before but as we're brothers... Lets just say its not always worked out. We've decided that this time, we aren't going to squabble like little children though.

In six months time I want to hold a dinner party for my family and I want all the food to be cooked from scratch and for it to be cooked by me.

I know this is going to be a bumpy road and I know I'm going to make mistakes, but I'm ok with that. I'm ultra determined to make this happen.

It would be great if you all stopped by the blog and leave comments etc on there because I know that will give me the encouragement to get me to do this.

Thanks for reading,

Take care,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
hello & welcome to DC. I am also new here but you will find a lot of good info on here. I have started to retrain myself with cooking a lot better & have been teaching myself. There's so much to learn & sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming but take baby steps & slowly add more stuff as you go. This is something that you can do with your daughter so she learns how to do it also.

Soon you will look at your microwave as a waste of space on your counter!

Greetings, Steve! You'll need to give us some idea of the kind of things you like and want to learn to cook. There's a lot of experience and expertise to be shared here, but please narrow it down a bit. Perhaps make up a sample menu that you'd like to be able to fix for that special family dinner, OK?

IMG_20130410_221753.jpg

http://www.bhg.com/recipes/how-to/cooking-basics/glossary-of-cooking-terms/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&qsubts=1366865113382&q=recipes+for+beginners

Back
Top Bottom