Soup master

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefmeister

Assistant Cook
Hello Im Ted, I love cooking soups!
I am from eastern european descent where soups are cooked and consumed on daily basis. so it is very frustrating sometimes in US not to be able to enjoy a good healthy soup even in the best restaurants.
my favorite is royal borsh I have a killer recipe :) and also variety of others I will share my recipes here eventually :)
I live in los angeles now and besides soups I also cook various meals for myself and friends :)

Welcome to DC. I am infamous in my family for turning any kind of leftovers into soup. So, got a question, one of us will have an answer.

I make a killer Mexican meatball soup the BF can't get enough of!
But that's the only soup I really make. My mom is Armenian so she knows lots of armenian soup recipes and Turkish ones too .
Can't wait to hear more about your soup dishes!

Mexican meatball soup sounds really delicious. Would you post a recipe please?

Zhizara said:
Mexican meatball soup sounds really delicious. Would you post a recipe please?

I'm pretty new to this site and have been on other forums where the rules are really strict and if you go against them you get booted. I CANT have that happen here!
So...in a long winded way... Do you want me to post the recipe on this thread or somewhere else?

I'm pretty new to this site and have been on other forums where the rules are really strict and if you go against them you get booted. I CANT have that happen here!
So...in a long winded way... Do you want me to post the recipe on this thread or somewhere else?
I can't remember how many total posts you need before you can start a new recipe thread. I know you can start an introduction thread in the welcome/newbie forum.

Welcome to the forum!!

You're going to be a lot happier here.

They like you to post recipes in the category of food. In this case, soups.

Above the thread listings at the top of this page, is a medium blue band that has captions like HOME, GENERAL FORUMS, ETC.

3rd from the last is MISC. Under that heading are several categories, including soups. Click on that and start a new thread.

Others here know more about it than I do, but that should get you started. As a group, we make lots of soups, and are always tweaking and sharing our successes and failures.

We play a few games and one of my favorite Forums is Off Topic. Check it out.

We have one thread called "Venting." It's a place to blow off steam when something has caused you grief. You'll get sympathy and sometimes a solution to a problem.

We make each other laugh. I get a minimum of one belly buster a day and dish them out where I can. You'll see.

Last edited:

We love it when our members, new or long term, post their recipes. We do prefer you post the recipe and not a link to the recipe on your blog. Please be sure, if it is not yours you have permission to post it.

You can post a new thread with your recipe in the appropriate section.

Well, how can you blame restaurants on the lack of soup? Who wants to eat soup when it is 80 Deg, in the middle of the winter? Really? :LOL:
Move here to MN and you will have variety of soups from all over the world on the daily bases without any problem. Good soups too. Not to mention that your property will cost you just a fraction of what you are paying in LA.

:LOL: And a side note your borscht really cannot be possibly as good as mine, nothing personal. ;) :LOL:

I make a killer Mexican meatball soup the BF can't get enough of!
But that's the only soup I really make. My mom is Armenian so she knows lots of armenian soup recipes and Turkish ones too .
Can't wait to hear more about your soup dishes!

Get your mom here, we need to here some Armenian recipe. Armenin cuisine is awesome.

i love soup, but make it seldom. am only feeding myself. if i do make a pot of soup i call my son or my granddaughter that live near me to come and get it. welcome to d.c. we are very glad to have you.

i love soup, but make it seldom. am only feeding myself. if i do make a pot of soup i call my son or my granddaughter that live near me to come and get it. welcome to d.c. we are very glad to have you.

I love soup also and like you I am only feeding myself. The big reason I make soups it because it is usually a meal in a bowl, not a lot of dishes and pots and pans to wash. I recently made Beef Barley Veggie Soup. Can't get any healthier than that. When it was time to do something with it, I put it in smaller containers and froze them. Other soups I try to make in smaller batches, with extra for the freezer too.:chef:

I love soup also and like you I am only feeding myself. The big reason I make soups it because it is usually a meal in a bowl, not a lot of dishes and pots and pans to wash. I recently made Beef Barley Veggie Soup. Can't get any healthier than that. When it was time to do something with it, I put it in smaller containers and froze them. Other soups I try to make in smaller batches, with extra for the freezer too.:chef:

I'm just cooking for myself as well. I like to make beans as a soup and had to learn to make only half pound at a time, except for when I have a ham bone.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom