Swedish girl here :P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiecesOfGlass

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone..
An introduction right?
I live in Sweden, 18 years old, and the name is Frida (like the nick name of that girl in ABBA, if you know who they were..). I really like cooking, and experiment a lot while doing it. Sometimes it turn out quite good, and sometimes.. well sometimes it doesn't ;)
The main reason why I joined here is because I'm doing a project in school, concerning cooking and many things around it, so it did seem like a good idea. And you all seem to have great tips. :pig:

Anyway, that's me :)

img_719922_0_a3b6d56926492b06891b1e9943f81759.jpg

you know Swedish girl, I happen to know some of your culture and the women don't come across like you do......... so you're not going to mind if I have grave doubts about your origin and if I'm wrong I really do apologize.........forgive me............

you know Swedish girl, I happen to know some of your culture and the women don't come across like you do......... so you're not going to mind if I have grave doubts about your origin and if I'm wrong I really do apologize.........forgive me............

they don't come across as I do? What's that supposed to mean? :wacko:
I can assure you that I really do live in Sweden, and my parents are pretty much as Swedish as anyone can get. I live in the southern part of Sweden, near a town called Karlskrona. Very beautiful town, a popular place for Germans and Danes to go to in summertime. Just by the coast, (it's actually built on several islands) with an amazingly beautiful archipelago.

If you want I can even give you a translation in Swedish of what I just wrote..

De liknar inte mig? Vad ska det betyda?
Jag kan försäkra dig att jag verkligen bor i Sverige, och mina fölädrar är ungefär så svenska som man bara kan bli. Jag bor i södra delen av Sverige, nära en stad som heter Karlskrona. Väldigt vacker stad, ett populärt ställe för tyskar och danskar att åka till på sommaren. Precis vid kusten, (den är faktiskt byggd på flera öar) med en otroligt vacker skärgård.

Now, if that's not Swedish, then I don't know what is :)
Btw, I hope you do realize that not every woman in Scandinavia acts the same way. Hope I erased your grave doubts now :)

My mom's parents were born in Sweden. I have always wanted to visit Sweden and hope I will have the chance someday.

:)Barbara

Welcome PiecesofGlass! Great to have you here - the Swedish people are to be very admired. Speaking about ABBA, I'm 69 and just had an email exchange with Sergey in Moscow. Sometimes we discuss Slavic culture and history but in this exchange he told me about a 40 minute phone conversation with our friend Ella in Ukraine. Ella is an 18 year old orphan now out of the orphanage where she has lived since being abandoned at birth. She is learning to be a seamstress in a vocational school in Lugansk and she is a favorite young lady of Sonia who lives in California and through Sonia, of me. Somehow Sergey and Ella discussed ABBA and it is one of her favorite groups and also is one of Sergey's favorites and also is one of mine. That spans some generations doesn't it? And long distances.

Don't go away after your school project, we would have much to learn from you PeacesofGlass!

Barbara L, which part of Sweden are your mother's parents from? I'd recommend you to come to Sweden in spring, or early summer, if you ever get to do it. The winter is kind of cold, and rainy, at least in the southern parts..

David Cottrell, ABBA is wide known, feels like that's what everyone's thinking about when you mention Sweden. That and IKEA x)
And I will probably stay even after that project is done. Feels like I can learn a lot here :)

Barbara L, which part of Sweden are your mother's parents from? I'd recommend you to come to Sweden in spring, or early summer, if you ever get to do it. The winter is kind of cold, and rainy, at least in the southern parts...
I honestly don't know. I believe one of them was from the southern part, I think a small town that started with "M", but I don't know about the other. They died when I was too young to remember them. They didn't talk about Sweden very much with my mom, aunts, and uncles when they were growing up, which is a shame.

:)Barbara

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom