Trying to find - - -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dduck313

Assistant Cook
I am wondering if Texas-Ware still has the kits that are sent, you can color a picture and it will be put onto a plate and returned to you.....I have made some of these along with my children back in the early 70's. Is anyone familiar with these plates?????

I know what you mean but... haven't seen them in years. Good luck with your search!

Have you heard of those places that you can paint your own pottery? We have young kids and it's a great way to spend time in the dead of winter. We have quite an assortment of plates and mugs and a piggybank. We get their handprints on whatever they paint. Each time their handprint is a little bigger. I even painted xmas ornaments for their first Christmases.
Mimosa Studios - Hand, Foot, & Paw Prints - A paint your own pottery studio located in Northeast NE Portland
If you go with this route watch out for those places that charge by the hour! Your bill can end up being a whopping one! We go to a place that charges by the piece of pottery you choose ($16 for a dinner plate) and they give about a month to complete it. And if you go to a place by the hour, paint fast. :LOL:

And if you go to a place by the hour, paint fast. :LOL:

Thanks for pointing this out corazon. I just told her about a place my DH and I went to - we were just goofing off and having a good time and ended up spending $48 on one mug :blush: :LOL: Yes, it was by the hour and by the color too!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom