Uhh.. does the bus stop here????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Memphis....

mudbug said:
Bienvenue, Doug. My favorite basketball teams are Memphis and whoever is playing Louisville (tee hee).

LOL... well this is going to be interesting. BBall mixed with cooking. I'm going to be forced to check any recipes you send me for deleterious [will it kill me] effects.:)

No worries, Doug. My roommate in Memphis was a Loo-uh-vuhl girl who educated me about the Memphis-Louisville roundball rivalry. I think y'all beat us most of the time.

Wow.. and she also trained you on how to pronounce it...:-p

Well maybe we'll get to try some of each cities cuisines. Memphis is closer to the cajun and tex/mex influence than Luavull. By like token due to our past as a shipping port we are kinda a mixed bag. Foods from the South certainly, but also influenced by travelers from the Northeast heading down the river.

Should be a fun adventure. Of course we have to keep the roundball rivalry going too... :bounce: :bounce:

Dugger, I concentrated on the BBQ when I landed in Memphis. I also learned that when you ordered "tea", it meant iced tea (sweet or unsweet?) instead of the hot stuff. Also learned to put slaw on my pulled pork sandwiches and to differentiate between wet and dry ribs (I'm a wet kinda person).

Foods I did not get into when I lived in Memphis - BBQ pizza (a mortal sin to this Chicago native), BBQ baloney, fried okra.

Tell more about Luavull food and drink (mods, please move as appropriate) - I'm thinkin' chess pie, Derby pie, mint juleps, bourbon.

But don't forget about Memphis' status as a major river town as well! And it has good blues music.

Hmmm... I smell a new thread brewing. The things that you don't know when you move to another part of the country.. :ermm:

Food names, soda [coke here] names, drink names, etc, etc...

Let me start a new thread and let's see what happens.

15.gif
doug from funny and my really name is sarah

Back
Top Bottom