What's up cooking world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coco.courtalino

Assistant Cook
Hi there! I'm Courtney, I'm Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania born and raised. I have been in love with cooking for as long as I can remember. I'm brand spanking new to the forum community but I'm hoping to share with you guys some of my favorite things to cook in the kitchen and meet some great people who share the same love for cooking that I have! I am my happiest self when I am in the kitchen. Here's my supper from last night...Homemade teriyaki salmon with a Sriracha cream sauce, and scallions. Paired with Garlicky rice and broccoli! IMG_20180723_170707_238.jpg

Welcome to DC Coco! It looks and sounds delish! One of my favourite meals, salmon, rice and broccoli. YUM! :yum:

try going to
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day Dinner - 7/23/2018

sorry couldn't make the link but find the above thread and you will see what some came up with for their dinner/supper.

Someone usually starts a new thread for a day's meal. Should you start one, be sure to include the date!

and Welcome Again!

Last edited:
Hello, Coco! Welcome to DC. I’m excited to see what you’ll bring to the table, literally! ;)
Do you favor any specific cuisine? That teriyaki salmon looks wonderful!

Welcome to DC Coco! It looks and sounds delish! One of my favourite meals, salmon, rice and broccoli. YUM! :yum:

try going to
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day Dinner - 7/23/2018

sorry couldn't make the link but find the above thread and you will see what some came up with for their dinner/supper.

Someone usually starts a new thread for a day's meal. Should you start one, be sure to include the date!

and Welcome Again!
Thanks so much!!! I'm so new to this forum thing and I'm not sure I understand completely how it works so that definitely helps!!! And I will definitely start adding dates!

Hello, Coco! Welcome to DC. I’m excited to see what you’ll bring to the table, literally! ;)
Do you favor any specific cuisine? That teriyaki salmon looks wonderful!
Aw thanks Joel! Hmmm my favorite cuisine would definitely have to be Asian. I make alot of salmon dishes, and poke bowls. Sushi is my favorite food in the world yet I have not tried to dabble making that just yet. How about you? What's your favorite cuisine?

Aw thanks Joel! Hmmm my favorite cuisine would definitely have to be Asian. I make alot of salmon dishes, and poke bowls. Sushi is my favorite food in the world yet I have not tried to dabble making that just yet. How about you? What's your favorite cuisine?
I love Asian flavor profiles, too. And Indian, although that could be considered Asian, too. Caribbean cuisine also tickles my fancy. Anything with seafood, even recipes with “krab!” And I love making bread. All kinds. And for American cuisine, I go for the Cajun/Creole every time!

Yumm! You're making me hungry just thinking about all that! And ooh you said you like making bread?! I've made bread here and there but have you ever made sourdough? I'm interested in making that...maybe you could give me some tips?

Yumm! You're making me hungry just thinking about all that! And ooh you said you like making bread?! I've made bread here and there but have you ever made sourdough? I'm interested in making that...maybe you could give me some tips?
I haven’t tried sourdough yet. I’ve started several “starters” but get lazy about maintaining them and they either dry up or get moldy and gross. I’ll get around to it someday. Also, my current financial situation does not include money for the endless flour that maintaining a starter requires in the beginning.

I haven’t tried sourdough yet. I’ve started several “starters” but get lazy about maintaining them and they either dry up or get moldy and gross. I’ll get around to it someday. Also, my current financial situation does not include money for the endless flour that maintaining a starter requires in the beginning.
Haha well I totally know what you mean! I am really curious about making it though! Hopefully you can get around to it soon!

Welcome to DC!:) Our favorite Asian cuisines are Thai and Korean. My wife is the sushi maker at home. We are very into seafood as well.

Hi there! I'm Courtney, I'm Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania born and raised. I have been in love with cooking for as long as I can remember. I'm brand spanking new to the forum community but I'm hoping to share with you guys some of my favorite things to cook in the kitchen and meet some great people who share the same love for cooking that I have! I am my happiest self when I am in the kitchen. Here's my supper from last night...Homemade teriyaki salmon with a Sriracha cream sauce, and scallions. Paired with Garlicky rice and broccoli! View attachment 30754

Welcome, from the Dallas region of Steelers Nation. :cool:

My whole family tree in America is rooted 40 miles from Pittsburgh. I lived in Mount Lebanon for a few years.

I hope to see some recipes for Pittsburgh food. I don't have any experience cooking Pittsburgh food... just eating it. ;)

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom