Any Cincinnati chili lovers here, Skyline chili question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I think it's what you grow up with most of us know chili to be the Texas style chili and in New Mexico it's an entirely different type of chili which is red or green but nothing like Texas chili. I do know that Cincinnati even has chain restuarants like fast food places that sells this particular chili as their main product.
You are so right. We just had lunch @ Michaels Kitchen [due to a recommendation] in Taos last week, the dh and I. I got their lunch special which was a huge ole bean and rice burrito [my personal favorite Mexican food on earth] with rice and beans on the side too, boy am I impressed. But on the plate were two chili's, one red, one green...

IMO good Cincinnati chili doesn't make you stop and immediately think cinnamon. It should be much more subtle then that. A recipe with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon! Egads! Sounds like a restaurant size quantity. I love chili in all it's translations. I have to admit, when I first moved to Cincy I didn't get it. Now I crave the stuff (in moderation!) and would truly miss it if I relocated!!! Texas Red, Chicken Chili, Cincinnati chili . . . love it all!
Bingo! We must be sisters. I do agree, think I'll start with one teaspoon and work my way up the ladder:mellow:

Off topic, but I need to learn how to quote segments of a post! Lefs, I think I would start with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or even 1/4 and add as you see fit.

Off topic, but I need to learn how to quote segments of a post! Lefs, I think I would start with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or even 1/4 and add as you see fit.
smart girl, I'll do that. it won't be until the weather really cools up though. This type food is way too heavy for this kind of hot hot hot heat we're experiencing now. So far summer here is cool, it's only reached 108 so far:huh:
Check your PM's PynPlace

Back
Top Bottom