Hot Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gettingbetter

Assistant Cook
Anyone have any recipes for hot chili they would be willing to share? The hotter the better:)

I start with Carroll Shelby mix for a base.
CS_chili_bag.jpg

and then you could add chopped jalapenos or jalapeno powder. I like to add Tabasco sauce to mine.

Here is a site with some World Chili Champion recipes

I start with this one, and add as much of the red pepper as I want{which isn't much, it's alot in there and it gets really hot} I add the meat, and the tomato sauce that it calls for and then beans and sliced onions. It has most of the spices that are needed for chili and it has a wonderful taste, at least, I think it does. It comes with pre measured ingredients.

I use the same basic recipe most of the time, although I have one with beans and one without. Generally I'll just scale the heat for whoever is going to be eating it. For more zip, I usually go with more jalapeno peppers, garlic & cayenne.

My personal recipe is posted on DC somewhere...:chef:

Thanks everyone. I picked up the mix Texasgirl mentioned...added some peppers, onions, chopped up steak, chopped up chicken, ground beef, tomato sauce, kidney beans & crushed red pepper.

Then just to add to the heat I tossed in some Dave's Insanity Sauce. Served it up with some oyster crackers and needed a towl to wipe the sweat from my head while I was eating it!

Dave's can be dangerous....:chef:

Back
Top Bottom